Anyone else's Fitbit not syncing with MFP?

Options
Ducks47
Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
I've tried logging out, updating app, redownloading app, and logging onto my computer yet my steps won't update on MFP. It lists my neg cal adjustment number from several hours earlier in the day. It is updated on fitbit though... Anyone have any tips ?

Replies

• brandonyork
    brandonyork Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped syncing earlier today as well.
  • nicolenelson36
    nicolenelson36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can’t get mine to synch either.
  • fordgrl06
    fordgrl06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't get mine to either. MFP did an app update and now mine won't sync.
  • danae16
    danae16 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    mine either! I am so annoyed!
  • PumpkinPeril
    PumpkinPeril Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have had the same issue. It has been a while since this issue has happened for me.

The work around is to log onto MFP on the web/browser. Go to apps and unsync Fitbit. After ~15min re-sync the accounts and it should start working again.

Worked for me this time, but sometimes this problem will happen again until an update is pushed out.
  • Ducks47
    Options
    I have had the same issue. It has been a while since this issue has happened for me.

The work around is to log onto MFP on the web/browser. Go to apps and unsync Fitbit. After ~15min re-sync the accounts and it should start working again.

Worked for me this time, but sometimes this problem will happen again until an update is pushed out.

Will that count the steps from today or will it erase them? Thanks!!
  • PumpkinPeril
    PumpkinPeril Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ducks47 wrote: »

Will that count the steps from today or will it erase them? Thanks!!

It will keep your steps for the day. n.n

Normally in this scenario I will see the calories syncing to Fitbit but not the steps syncing to MFP. All you are doing is re-syncing the accounts, not changing the recorded data.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,633 Member
    Options
    Or in 90% of cases when dealing with a widespread issue such as this, it is not your individual account that is the problem, or affected, and after waiting a varying amount of time ranging from a few hours to a few days mfp and Fitbit will get their act together and fill back all the missing or incorrect information... without you doing anything with your account
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I was having this issue yesterday and just let it be. Today when I logged back on, everything was syncing just fine as well as the missing info from yesterday.
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me! Yesterday afternoon MFP said I had 1,120 on my fitbit and I had over 4 thousand. I kept trying to fix it but just gave up. This morning it seems to have added missing steps overnight.
  • Ducks47
    Options
    Same!!
    Allgaun wrote: »
    I thought it was just me! Yesterday afternoon MFP said I had 1,120 on my fitbit and I had over 4 thousand. I kept trying to fix it but just gave up. This morning it seems to have added missing steps overnight.

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    This has been happening more frequently as of late. I can understand why it's annoying but the best thing to do is just let it pass and look at the calories on your Fitbit Dashboard to determine if you have any extra calories for the day.

I ate 1838 calories yesterday and MFP told me I was around 240 calories over my maintenance. However, I was extremely active yesterday and ended up being 1062 calories under my maintenance calories. The appropriate adjustments didn't show up until a few hours ago but if I were hungrier yesterday I would have used my TDEE from Fitbit to eat more. I was too tired to feel hungry yesterday but now I can use the extra 1000 calories today since I'm now a bottomless pit.