Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The Impossible Whopper: Your thoughts on plant-based burgers?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    "GMO Impossible Burger tests 11x higher for Glyphosate weed killer residue than Beyond Meat burger."

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/gmo-impossible-burger-positive-carcinogenic-glyphosate

That alleged study is done by "Mom's across America" which is a fringe anti-gmo conspiracy group who hawks their own quack supplements to purify your gut and all that nonsense.

But if you want to talk about things that are carcinogenic, raise your hand if you know which part of a beef burger has been labeled "probably carcinogenic" by the World Health Organization?

Psst.. It's the beef.

I don't have anything against beef and eat plenty of it myself, but best not to resort to fringe carcinogen scare mongering when beef has its own issues.

You are resorting to fringe carcinogen scare mongering in response, or defense, of their patty. ;)
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    "GMO Impossible Burger tests 11x higher for Glyphosate weed killer residue than Beyond Meat burger."

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/gmo-impossible-burger-positive-carcinogenic-glyphosate

That alleged study is done by "Mom's across America" which is a fringe anti-gmo conspiracy group who hawks their own quack supplements to purify your gut and all that nonsense.

But if you want to talk about things that are carcinogenic, raise your hand if you know which part of a beef burger has been labeled "probably carcinogenic" by the World Health Organization?

Psst.. It's the beef.

I don't have anything against beef and eat plenty of it myself, but best not to resort to fringe carcinogen scare mongering when beef has its own issues.

You are resorting to fringe carcinogen scare mongering in response, or defense, of their patty. ;)

Is the implication that IARC is a fringe group? Certainly their results need to be taken in context, but I think they're a little more on the up and up than a group (Mom's Across America) that proclaims urine and breastmilk are teaming with glyphosate after they did a study that involved getting their own biased audience to mail in their own samples.
  • IJP2019
    IJP2019 Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    The beyond burgers and sausages sausages are good, haven't has the impossible burger. I highly doubt they were designed to be healthy, so to expect that isn't realistic. The purpose behind them is to offer a burger that is plant based. It is no secret North Americans like burgers.

Anyone here look into what the cholesterol differences are between beef and plant based burgers?
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Meat no meat. I don't care if it tastes good, won't make me sick and isn't horse.