Struggling to eat enough calories

MamaReynoldsBurton
MamaReynoldsBurton Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2019 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I am 7 weeks postpartum. I’ve been finding myself forgetting to eat enough to get myself through the day. I am happy with my weight and I’ve noticed myself losing more weight plus no energy.. so it’s obvious I’m not getting enough. Please don’t hate when I say, I just forget to eat and/or don’t feel hungry because my mind is elsewhere ( on my newborn & 3 year old. ). So, how do I cram calories in with little time? I’ve been doing smoothies, larabar, nature valley bars, and anything I really take a handful of. I downloaded this app to kinda ensure I eat enough so I don’t burn out and yikes I’m way off! . Tips?!

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Peanut butter :)
  • laurenhugs23
    laurenhugs23 Posts: 153 Member
    When I was in school I would put a two heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter, 1 whole banana, two big squirts of honey, 1 cup of whole milk, and 8-10 ice cubes in my magic bullet and the result is a delicious smoothie version of a PB/banana/honey sandwich. Fast and Loaded with calories! My studying was much like your situation, I would forget to eat for hours because I was writing papers. I just needed sustenance to keep going. And it helped that it was tasty because I could down that *kitten* in 3 minutes.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    When I needed to up my calories back in the day, I chose to keep a bag of almonds and set an hourly alarm. I ate a serving of almonds (~14) every hour regardless of whether I felt hungry or not. It gave me good protein, fiber and fats without feeling huge. Nowadays, my increases have to be more liquid based, so I do similar things with yogurt, protein shakes, etc. I recently found Nesquick Protein Milk and um it's dangerous, I'll just say that lol My issue is mostly that I don't experience hunger on a regular basis so if I only ate when I was hungry, it would be like, once every other week. lol
  • suzanne6094
    suzanne6094 Posts: 104 Member
    When I was in school I would put a two heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter, 1 whole banana, two big squirts of honey, 1 cup of whole milk, and 8-10 ice cubes in my magic bullet and the result is a delicious smoothie version of a PB/banana/honey sandwich. Fast and Loaded with calories! My studying was much like your situation, I would forget to eat for hours because I was writing papers. I just needed sustenance to keep going. And it helped that it was tasty because I could down that *kitten* in 3 minutes.

I am going to give this baby a go before training
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    here is a list of calorie dense foods. these are foods that have higher calories per gram so you don't need to eat as much to hit your caloric needs

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1