Workday lunches?

Options
What are your favourite lunches to take to work?

Replies

• Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Salads
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken, a side starch (potatoes, rice, pasta), and either a side salad or grilled vegetables.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm boring. I take a sandwich, crackers and a piece of fruit. Sometimes a side salad.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I take some chicken or steak or some other meat and usually a bunch of broccoli or asparagus or green beans. With a little margarine, salt and pepper.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I typically smoke up chicken breasts (or venison when I have some) on Sunday, and then use them in different ways. On a salad, in a wrap, on their own with a side of some veggies, etc.
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    815am : greek yogurt, granola, red/yellow/orange pepper
    845am: Peanut butter/banana sandwhich, baby carrots
    9:15am: turkey
    10am jarlsberg light cheese
  • HotFrieZ
    HotFrieZ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love Sandwiches and find them more satisfying than salads. My go to is a turkey or ham sandwich with veggies and piece of fruit on the side. I also enjoy the occasional pbj
  • kmillernutritionist
    kmillernutritionist Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What are your favourite lunches to take to work?

For me it is typically leftovers from dinner! Burrito bowls are fairly simple. If I am really short on time OR haven't planned anything I will do...
    -Greek yogurt, fruit (typically berries or an apple) and my homemade granola
    -"Eating Well" healthy single serve frozen meals

This is just to name a few things :-).
  • zachcorn
    zachcorn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make a chicken breast sandwich with about 4oz of boneless skinless breast meat and two slices of 2% american cheese on it. I used to also make a side salad with chickpeas and different veggies but just cut my calories down to 1660 for the day so now I just do the sandwich. Looking for other ideas too. Tracking macros at 1660 calories is a pain in the *kitten*.
  • wyeth84
    wyeth84 Posts: 35 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    a large salad of spring mix, 3 oz of baby carrots, cucumber, 10 grapes tomatoes 1 tbs of light ranch dressing
    1 boiled egg
    1 cheese stick
    1 deli thin with 2 oz lunch meat (usually low sodium turkey or uncured ham, or grilled chicken breast)
    1 kind bar
    6 oz watermelon or melon or pineapple

I'd typically have a couple of herbal teas with absolutely nothing added to it and 2 coffees with 1 tbs of half and half each
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Last night's dinner leftovers

damn! I should eat your leftovers too!

• DanSanthomes
    DanSanthomes Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Last night's dinner leftovers

Beat me to it - beauty is, you've already logged it too so can just pick it from 'recent'.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. I just pack up a portion for my lunch when I'm cleaning up from dinner. Super easy.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I batch-cook something delicious on Sunday. Taco filling, chili, bbq chicken, meatballs, turkey burgers with a side...This week I found a one-pot recipe for creamy Cajun chicken pasta, and it’s been the best week of lunches ever.
  • Caz_Campbell
    Caz_Campbell Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ah see I tend to cook dinner up in double and have it two days in a row, which takes over the leftovers option! That's what I used to do but how that I work later, I need the quick option for dinner.

I was thinking I might on my day off on a Monday, make up a batch of something for the week. Itll be a bit boring but just have the same thing for lunch and change it each week. Pasta and salad dishes are usually my go to but want to find some new recipes so thanks for all the replies.
  • Caz_Campbell
    Caz_Campbell Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I batch-cook something delicious on Sunday. Taco filling, chili, bbq chicken, meatballs, turkey burgers with a side...This week I found a one-pot recipe for creamy Cajun chicken pasta, and it’s been the best week of lunches ever.

Could you share that recipe please? Exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for!
  • DrizztGirl82
    DrizztGirl82 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of freezer meals for my work lunches. I make a big batch of something, and portion it out so I know exactly what each serving has for calories. I have made sweet potato noodles with sloppy joe mix on top, burrito bowls, various stir fries, various pasta dishes, and mini meatloafs with veggies. They work great for me because I can grab one in the morning, stick it in my lunch bag, and microwave it at lunch. It stays frozen until then for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from the night before, sandwiches, sometimes I'll grill some chicken or something and make extra and put it on salads for lunch.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    My usual rotation:

Egg salad
    Shredded chicken, mixed with whatever I felt like the night before or made into a burrito with cheese
    Greek yogurt
    Cottage Cheese
    Babybells
    Sliced cucumbers with seasoning
    cole slaw mixed with Bolthouse dressing
    Cheerios (to either mix with my yogurt or for a crunchy ending to my lunch)