Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    9068 total steps

Dawn I would be completely neurotic if I weighed myself daily - remember what Lana says - if you see it on the scale you will see it again (that could apply to both higher and lower, but we want to focus on lower.....)

Seems a "nice cliche" from my work is doing overtime this weekend. I was not invited to which I say PHEW! I am having enough trouble trying to keep my kitten straight. I hope they do well and get a lot done.

Trying to get as much of my chores done so all I have to do this weekend (I do get the 3 day weekend) is cook/read and sleep. Today is laundry tomorrow is dishwasher. Some really good recipes to consider making this weekend. Will have to start a grocery list.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Hey all - Dawn, glad you are safe and glad that you didn't get blown away. Yep SCARY!!!!
    Sara - glad you found your log.
    In and out tonight!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning TGIF

New cookbook has some promising recipes - I will look at the other one this weekend.

Looking forward to 3 days not dealing with work. Focus on relaxing and recharging.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking as usual.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Waves to new people!

@kikiwyconx2018 - I'm also wavering between 185-190 and trying just to get down from there a bit.

@Tilliesmommy1 - oooh what cook book did you get?

@arniedog74 - yikes D: we get tornado warnings after every hurricane but have been lucky that actual touch downs are few and far. It really sounds terrifying.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Slight depression... weighed myself a few days ago and was down 1.5# no food log... logged food for 3 days... got message that said, "if every day were like today, you'd be at goal in 5 weeks" weigh myself today, logging... found the weight! So discouraged! I just can't lose

Now, now, Miss Dawn!
    We will have NO negative self talk here in the Cabana Club~~

Be sure to change that talk into "I have not done whatever YET, but I WILL....." Big hugs

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2019
    Kathryn - with that photo, it seems you are towing your own rocket to the Jeep Festival! Ha, ha!
    Have a great time!

Sara - The Philly sandwich they served was not the traditional size. My old self was disappointed in how small it was, and my new self was relieved. It wasn't much bigger than a dollar bill, maybe it was 7 inches long? Also, it was not overly stuffed. Thank goodness.

At the last WW meeting, the group talked about expanding the standard idea of putting half of the food in a to-go container before you start eating to...... Do that and, if it is a "splurge" selection, give that other half to someone else at the table to take home with them. Not a bad idea.

Tracey in Edmonton - How was your swimming lesson? That is so cool that you are doing that!

Waving to Suzu and Missy and Eryn and Birdie and Meghan and Runa and Lynn and Tracy in Tenn. and and Saltine and Tess and anyone else who is lurking or who stops by~~

The Cabana Boys have a special Happy Hour planned for today 😉

Lana

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • suzu_2
    Sign me up for Happy Hour!! I need a break!
    Between work (my Real job), trying to get my little business off the ground, and trying to still be a loving and supportive wife/mother/friend... the hours in the day get nibbled up very quickly! I feel like the old poem - "I burn my candle at both ends..."
    New stuff in the "attic" Pics... I'm in love with that little Victorian writing desk. I want to keep it! Perfect size. Plus I've been in the shop restoring furniture almost every night at night (see the blue chair behind the desk and the cedar chest that was a black gouged mess with SpongeBob stickers all over the sides...
    vex9s63umoim.jpg
    yecu0l5yvgdf.jpg
    4bdiom8cmky3.jpg

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    So not fair, @suzu_2! I have vowed to never set foot in Memphis again barring an emergency. And now you make me want to come down and buy all the things!!

If you are on Facebook, you should follow Tennessee Junk Gypsy. She's in my town and buys out estates. Sometimes she has cool stuff at good prices.

Waving to all as I leave my hat, book, and cooler of no-calorie snacks at the cabana for later.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hello all! TGIF and bring on the long weekend.
    Dawn - I am very happy to hear you are ok. And also I agree - no getting depressed over weigh in's. One salty meal can do me in for a couple of days! I do weigh in close to daily. I also put it on a simple spreadsheet to track trends. Even if I picked one day a week to weigh in if it was a "heavy" day I would beat myself up and play games, etc. Now I put it on my log, deal with it and watch the trend. currently it is slipping down slowly....could be faster, but one day at a time!
    Lana - Sorry you had a great meal with friends and it left a bad impression. One choice, one moment at a time. You will do better next time :smile:
    Suzu - I should have you come decorate my house!
    Kathryn - have a great jeeping weekend!
    Welcome to the new members!
    Headed to the farm my daughter is getting married at (fiance's family) for a work weekend. Cleaning brush for walk path, planting flowers etc. Should be interesting weekend :smile: Looking forward to seeing my DD.
    My second DD finished her dietetics internship and graduation was yesterday. Now she has to pass the test and she will officially be a Registered Dietician! Fun to watch them grow and find their way.
    Lurking
    Lynn

CW 188.4
    GW 170
  • LanaCabana537

Suzu - The chair looks great! You have been burning your candle at both ends, but it's worth it.

Lynn - What is the latest on your father?

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Lana- thanks for asking. he is getting a dialysis port put in today. So hopefully that will keep the fluids off of him and his heart, help his breathing and he can start making some progress. One day at a time! thanks for thinking of me though! appreciate it!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    fqp20d8o77p4.png

qlkt2snylu62.png
  • LanaCabana537

Lynn - thank you.... I don't know anything about what he is going through. I know cancer patients who have ports. I wish your father well with this. Big hugs!

Sara - goodness gracious Girl! those are great photos!! Only 5.5 more hours or so and you are a Free Woman For The Weekend! (taking the time difference into account)

I will confess that I did use a bunch of weeklies this afternoon for my personal Happy Hour....all is still On Program. This is good.

Foot massages for all who are still here and have not flown to the East to be with Kathryn on her extravaganza with her Jeep and Personal Rocket in tow.......

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Running to the happy hour from work...... Cboys picked up Miss T earlier already.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    Lana - my swimming lesson was wonderful, this is my third set in a year. This one is stroke improvement and I’m really noticing a difference. I may register for another set of these just to learn new strokes. Last night was the first tome I felt I had my breathing under control and was actually swimming laps.

I was held under as a kid so had developed a fear of being in the deep end and not able to touch bottom. I spent a lot of time in the deep end last night.

Lynn - I weigh daily and track in a spreadsheet too. I take averages at 7 days, 10 days and monthly. It has really helped me not panic when I have an up couple of days. (Which I’ll have tomorrow because I’ve eaten like crap all day). Glad your Dad is doing better.

Our long weekend was last weekend. It doesn’t seem to matter when you’re unemployed though. 😂

I had a nap this afternoon again, I need to stop this habit.

• katrinkak
    katrinkak Posts: 4 Member
    Add me fellow do overs!!!! ❤️❤️❤️
  • Tilliesmommy1
    10800 total steps and yes I feel it.

This weekend will involve cleaning out freezer and making meals all types to keep me on task and make things a little easier. Bought another cookbook with a couple good oat based recipes.

Will spend time looking at county employment and then lights out.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Thanks ladies...I know better... just trying to justify logging every meal, every day. When I do, and it's a gain... makes me just wanna give up... but, I don't... i'm here again...I appreciate you all
  • suzu_2
    edited May 2019
    Thanks for kind words all - Twiley - i will look for the Union City girl
    Lynn I hope you have a great weekend with the daughter and new In-Laws. That sounds like a great work-weekend! Prayers for your dad. You'r right, the dialysis should help.
    Kathryn - Have a great Jeep weekend!
    Katrinkak - Welcome!
    Tracy - Great job on conquering your fear and achieving your goals!
    Sara - have a great long weekend
    Lana - Do the Cabana Boys do foot massages??? If so I will be there by 2p
    Waves to all!

• Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Suzu is starting posting today - dog let me "sleep in" longer than usual.

Got another cookbook, so with so many new ideas where do I start? Chose easy and flexible.

Dog to groomer - she hates all the hugs she gets from me afterwards because she is so soft and smells so nice.

Napping this afternoon would be nice. We shall see.

Wave to all who follow.