15-ish lbs in 7-ish weeks?

2»

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    caitiedid5 wrote: »
    I kind of figured that I could just barely mention changes and not have to go into the nitty gritty. I know what healthy eating is, and I know that ya’ll do too so I figured it was pointless to go through everything. I’m sorry I didn’t though, I would have saved myself some chastising.

No one is chastising you. What people are pointing out is that it's about the *calories*. If you want to lose weight, you need to be in a calorie deficit, and an error a lot of people make is to presume that just switching to "healthy" food will fix it -- and then they get frustrated when it doesn't.

If you want to lose weight, you need to reduce calories -- and ideally, weigh and track *everything* you put in your mouth.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    edited May 2019
    My title is super descriptive, I know! But I am recovering from a nasty knee injury that had me on crutches and my butt for about four weeks (and depressed as the scale crept up instead of down). I have been cleared for low impact workouts and am curious if anyone thinks it is possible to lose 10-15 lbs in 7 weeks.

Some info on me: I’m a 30 y/o female, 5’9” and currently 168 lbs. I am going from not tracking anything and eating everything to cutting soda, fried/junk foods and sweets, watching my carbs and starches. (Plan to stick between 1,200-1,500 calories a day) I also plan to bike to work 4 days a week (5 miles), hit my 10,000 steps each day, add in some yoga and strength training as well about 4-5 times a week.
    The only reason there is a deadline is because my sister is getting married in July, I’m in the wedding and have the dress and it doesn’t fit anymore. I’m just a pinch too big for it and the store of course won’t let me exchange it.
    Am I screwed or is it possible?

I've had a bad knee for 10 years and think your exercise plan is way too aggressive for someone still recovering from a nasty knee injury. I understand you've been cleared for low impact workouts, but your plan sounds like too much too soon. Did you run this exact amount of exercise by your PT?

In your case I think switching to a keto way of eating makes sense. You will gain the benefit of the initial water weight drop, which should be all you need to fit into your dress, given your subsequent post about the zipper.

ETA: saw this in another thread and thought it might be apropos here:

w7xmb3cc6sm8.jpeg
  • CaitlinELaird
    CaitlinELaird Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2019
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    My title is super descriptive, I know! But I am recovering from a nasty knee injury that had me on crutches and my butt for about four weeks (and depressed as the scale crept up instead of down). I have been cleared for low impact workouts and am curious if anyone thinks it is possible to lose 10-15 lbs in 7 weeks.

Some info on me: I’m a 30 y/o female, 5’9” and currently 168 lbs. I am going from not tracking anything and eating everything to cutting soda, fried/junk foods and sweets, watching my carbs and starches. (Plan to stick between 1,200-1,500 calories a day) I also plan to bike to work 4 days a week (5 miles), hit my 10,000 steps each day, add in some yoga and strength training as well about 4-5 times a week.
    The only reason there is a deadline is because my sister is getting married in July, I’m in the wedding and have the dress and it doesn’t fit anymore. I’m just a pinch too big for it and the store of course won’t let me exchange it.
    Am I screwed or is it possible?

I've had a bad knee for 10 years and think your exercise plan is way too aggressive for someone still recovering from a nasty knee injury. I understand you've been cleared for low impact workouts, but your plan sounds like too much too soon. Did you run this exact amount of exercise by your PT?

In your case I think switching to a keto way of eating makes sense. You will gain the benefit of the initial water weight drop, which should be all you need to fit into your dress, given your subsequent post about the zipper.

ETA: saw this in another thread and thought it might be apropos here:

w7xmb3cc6sm8.jpeg

I appreciate your concern, but I have already cleared my exercise with my ortho and PT. I wouldn’t do anything without their permission.
  • ErinWard1986
    ErinWard1986 Posts: 46 Member
    Next week will make 4 weeks for me and I’ve lost 10 by sticking to my calorie goal...definitely possible 😃
  • CaitlinELaird
    CaitlinELaird Posts: 106 Member
    Next week will make 4 weeks for me and I’ve lost 10 by sticking to my calorie goal...definitely possible 😃

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your calorie goal?
  • ErinWard1986
    ErinWard1986 Posts: 46 Member

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your calorie goal?
    Mfp figured me at 1260 per day. I’ve been logging and staying in my limit daily. Except for this week, I have been walking about 45 min at least 3x week.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member

That it's possible doesn't make it a good idea. Are you, like the OP, also within the healthy weight range for your height?