I want to wake up at the top of a sleep cycle, ideas?

2»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    @TimothyIvory - do you drink coffee or any other caffeinated beverages?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    <smdh>
    This is why we can't have nice things.

As one who lived with undiagnosed sleep apnea for years, I can assure you that knowing what's wrong is the first step towards fixing it. If you're ok with being a driving risk, potential diabetes & heart disease, increased chance of dementia then do NOT move beyond denial & just keep doing what's not working for you. If you want a better quality of life, then a sleep study is your first logical move.

I can attest that getting adequate sleep (even if you have to wear an ugly CPAP mask) will make you less cranky, give you more energy, increase your productivity, help you lose weight, and brighten your overall disposition.

Yes, I have a different chronic condition and it was SUCH a relief when I was diagnosed.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I’m almost scared to chime in... but here goes. I will withhold all commentary to avoid the wrath

https://ouraring.com
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    I saw some clock thingy that has a light on it that gently wakes you up. I don't recall the name of it, someone was talking about it on INstagram. It starts glowing a gentle light to wake you up or something.

I don't know if it works like sleep cycle app (which I also have, but haven't been using these days - it picks up on my husband snoring so I don't know how accurate it is. I'm now just using my Fitbit one)

• andISeeMyFitness
    andISeeMyFitness Posts: 16 Member
    I changed my waking up habits lately so that my alarm clock rings an hour later than it used to. I still wake up about the same time than I used to, but I feel so much energetic. My usual sleeping time is pretty accurately 7h 50min. Not sure if the change is due to sleep cycles but I like to think that way. The alarm clock is there just as a backup and I have always wake up before it. Naturally, this probably requires regular sleep rhythm before it can actually work, but for me, this is a perfect solution.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Sleep as Android: Sleep cycle tracker, smart alarm.
    There are a lot others since I used that one years ago

You can set a must wake up time - and it will watch your movements, try to figure out your sleep cycles, and indeed wake at best time to avoid deep cycle before that time.

Con - must keep phone on bed to watch movements - which could make usage difficult.

It seemed to nail mine correctly when I used it, much like Fitbit does. Not sure if Fitbit, or add-on app, has the smart alarm ability.