2 Weeks In & Down 14 lbs on Atkins 20!! Wife down 7.5 lbs

Options
Feeling pretty good here after 2 weeks of doing the Atkins 20, and I am sitting at 14 lbs lost, and my wife is down 7. I’m still at 381, but I feel amazimf and on top of the number on the scale, have lost inches!!!

Everyone stay strong! If I can do it, so can you.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I really do not mean to rain on your parade, because those are great starting results, but unless you plan on eating an Atkins diet for the rest of your life, please reconsider using it as a tool for weight loss. If you lose a large chunk of weight on Atkins, then switch back to a more standard, macronutrient balanced diet, you will not have taught yourself to eat properly and you will gain all your weight back, possibly ending at a higher weight than you even started at.
  • jessalittlemore
    jessalittlemore Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    If you lose a large chunk of weight on Atkins, then switch back to a more standard, macronutrient balanced diet, you will not have taught yourself to eat properly and you will gain all your weight back, possibly ending at a higher weight than you even started at.
    I'm confused by this. If you switch to a balanced diet in the right calorie intake for your weight you'll still gain back because it's no longer low carb? Is this true?

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!