Vegan & vegetarian friends

Options
miakelaa
miakelaa Posts: 43 Member
Hey everyone! I've been on MFP for several years but am recently getting more into the social aspect to help hold myself accountable. I'd like to make new friends, particularly with other vegans and vegetarians. Introduce yourself and I'll add you.

My name is Mia and I've been vegan since 2010, but I've recently embraced a whole foods plant based lifestyle in addition to being vegan. I do yoga, Orangetheory, and running to help stay fit.

Replies

• Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've been vegetarian for a couple of years. I think eventually I'll convert to vegan but my fam are onmi so easier at the moment to be vege.
    I run, kickbox and do CrossFit for fitness.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I will be returning to a vegetarian (w little dairy & eggs) that I had while I was in college. My Daughter is advocating for me to go vegan. I told her I need two months to make my current changes stick, then by July I can do the rest of the Summer as a vegan and evaluate how it all has settled in September.

I have been a whole foods, slow foods, mostly organic omnivore since 1980s. I have been tweaking my basic approach over the years. One good tweak for me is to get most of my carbs from legumes-pulses/greens/tubers/vegetables and to limit grain carbs.

A 15mos pescatarian-ovo-dairy keto diet has concluded, and I am labelling keto not suitable for me. My kidneys were not happy with that much saturated fat.

A Friend lent me her book, How Not to Die, and now I am approaching a diet much like my vegan Daughter. My total fat targets have dropped from 50% with saturated fats in the range of 40g/day, to 25% with saturated fats down to 15g, then 12g/day, and now 9g/day. To do this I must eliminates all flesh and restrict ovo-dairy to a point whether I want coconut today or that smear of goat cheese.

I have been eating greens daily, but this book also advocates for daily legumes & pulses. I will be working on making legumes & pulses a daily habit too, and restore my daily fruit.

I drink lots of tea and tisanes.

I am learning qigong and prefer non-impact non-competitive exercise, especially if it is outside. Inside, rebounding, resistance, and stretching have been and are my mainstays.
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    My name is Lisa, I've been vegan for 5 years now. My husband and 2 children are also vegan..... yayyyyy. I've just rescued a border collie of 6 months. So because she is so energetic I thought I may as well get myself a little fitter too. So here I am looking for like minded people to get inspiration and help.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi Mia- Been Vegetarian for over a year now. Love the way I feel and love finding other like minded people. Feel free to add me!
  • haliebroyles91
    haliebroyles91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    have been vegetarian for 16 years. Recently switched to a more vegan diet. Deff. Looking for friends on here that have similar diets. Would love to swap recipes and meal ideas. Please add me! :)
  • treggy23
    treggy23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm vegetarian and really need help with a healthy diet. If any of you would like to add me as a friend, I'd be delighted!
  • darshemail
    darshemail Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Been vegetarian my whole life. Looking for friends and motivation. With such low calorie goal I need to choose wisely...