Fitness trackers

Options
Melemur
Melemur Posts: 95 Member
What trackers are you using to track your heat rate and exercise I'm looking for a wrist tracker

Replies

• KristyBlack4036
    KristyBlack4036 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've had the Fitbit Versa for about 8 months and love it.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I have fitbit charge3. It's good. The only thing I dislike about it is that it thinks that i'm riding an outdoor bike when I'm actually driving my car. It does some weird things like that sometimes. I get it thinking i'm riding a bike when i'm walking carrying stuff so my arms aren't swinging, but changing gears and pressing a clutch pedal isn't exactly exercise. Other than that, I think it's relatively accurate with HR and so on. The sleep feature is good.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I was using an Ionic. To be honest I was disappointed because not all the features worked like they were supposed to. Just last week it actually became completely unresponsive. Fitbit is asking that I send it back so they can see what happened and they are going to send me a replacement even though it’s out of warranty. I assume this is because I was part of a test group for them and it stopped working while I was doing a task they asked us to do (though I did agree that if anything happened they weren’t at fault). Hoping the replacement works like it should.

I also use an Apple Watch (bought it one day when I was irritated with the Ionic). I like it, but miss the community on Fitbit.

It feels a little odd to wear 2 watches, but I have fallen in love with the smart watch features on the Apple Watch and I still like some of Fitbits features. Honestly I don’t really care if people think I am nuts for wearing both.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Take a look at Garmin. They are the king of the fitness devices right now.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I've used FitBits for years. I'm currently wearing a FitBit Ionic. I love it.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    fitbit charge2. works just fine and fits my needs so far.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I've had my Fitbit Blaze since 2016. I wear it everyday and I love it! I've heard good things about the Garmin watches too, but my Blaze is hanging in there strong so I haven't needed to seek out any alternatives.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    Take a look at Garmin. They are the king of the fitness devices right now.

I had a FitBit for 2 years and changed to a Garmin Vivofit when the battery died. I will never go back to FitBit. Not only is the Garmin more accurate, it runs on watch batteries so you never have to charge it. Mine is almost 4 years old now and runs like a charm. The original switch was because I needed something I could swim in and none of the Fitbits were water resistant. I understand some models are now but I still would not go back.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I have an old Garmin vivosmart hr I got for a good deal. I love it. My only complaint is that when I have it track an exercise it still adds to my steps so I feel like it doubles up. But I realized I'm only getting an extra 20 calories added that way, no big deal.

I mostly love it for the move reminder. It buzzes every hour or so to remind me to get up and move around, which is really great. With my desk job, I often forget.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    First rule - figure out what you want in a tracker. Look, feature, durability, battery life, etc.... I bought a Fitbit, which counted steps, then got a used HR on the cheap and loved it, but the durability was an issue, but when I was replacing it, I wanted more, so I looked at Garmin and TomTom. The Garmin price turned me off, so I went TomTom - three months later I ended up with the Garmin Fenix 3HR. (Significantly more than I had EVER spent on a watch, but it does everything but hold music, which the 5 now does. Steps, flights, mileage, Heart rate, GPS, sleep, waterproof, synch w phone, weather, exercise programs, great battery life, etc...)
  • kdhaile
    kdhaile Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Garmin. I used a fitbit in the past but the band broke and they would not replace it so I dropped them. Garmin is much easier to use and more accurate.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    Options
    Melemur wrote: »
    What trackers are you using to track your heat rate and exercise I'm looking for a wrist tracker

What's your exercise? The good wrist trackers do a decent job these days with most activities, but I have to use a paired Ant+ chest belt for rowing (on-water or machine) because there's too much arm movement for the wrist-based tracker to keep good contact.

(I'm using a Garmin Vivoactive 3. I wear it all day/night except when charging, and add the chest belt only when I need it.)