need help with inner thighs

Options
2»

Replies

• morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I really like Chalene's Turbo Jam Live Booty Sculpt and Abs. It has tons of squats and leg lifts. She focuses on inner and outer thighs too! My thighs are a huge issue for me, but when I was at my skinniest my legs looked pretty darn good and it was thanks to Chalene! :D

There are also some floor work moves I do to improve them (e.g. from table top position leg work, from floor leg lifts, etc.).
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    http://www.divine.ca/en/health/exercise-finder/c_266/?do=by_part&part_id=&muscle_id=12

I've done a few of these and I felt the burn definitely. I don't know if it'll help get rid of the fat because some people say that you can't spot reduce fat and others say it can... but it doesn't hurt to try. Either way, you're working them and that'll definitely help you!
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great toning tips, thanks!
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Try the Resistance Bands...They have many good Thigh workouts with bands on YouTube

i started this morning and I feel the burn.

Sarah
  • JeannieFo
    JeannieFo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a fitness instructor. Here is the BEST ever for inner thighs. Get a stability ball and straddle it like you are riding a horse. Your knees should be pointing down towards the floor and feet behind you. Now squeeze the ball between your inner thighs. I have my class do a series of eight slow squeezes then squeeze really tight and do small pulses while squeezing it. (it's hard to describe!!) Do several sets of those and you will feel it the next day. If you don't feel it you need to make sure you are sitting on it with knees pointing down. Another good exercise is doing wide wide squats with one foot on a step riser, one foot on the floor. You can also do plies- really focus on pulling the knees together and using the inner thigh to pull you back up into a standing position. No you can't "spot reduce" as someone said, but you can target a particular muscle group to see improvement as the fat comes off through weight loss! Good luck!!

I've done this and you definitely feel it the next day!!
  • forsakenangel84
    Options
    Thank you I will definitely try these. I know I can't spot reduce...o want to lose all over but my thighs are bigger than the rest of my body and I'm disgusted. Lol I just need a little more help in that area. I have been using my elliptical but like I said I want to focus on my inner thighs a little more. Thanks again
  • nicolegetsfit
    Options
    Try doing plank jacks! :) You basically hold a plank pose, but kind of jump and move your legs out, then jump and pull them back in. Like your legs do with jumping jacks, but you're in a plank pose.

It's not possible to spot reduce, and you'll probably need more cardio in addition to this, but this targets those muscles and you can really feel it.

Good luck!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Running (and the hip machines at the gym). I've always had big thighs, but I recently saw two pics of me side by side (one taken in May and one taken the other day) and wow... my thighs have gone WAY down! :)