Should I lose more weight or recomp ?

Options
I’m currently 168, gw of 160 down from 212. From that point I want to gain muscle in my glutes/abs etc. Problem is I’m still not satisfied with my stomach. It’s gotten ALOT smaller. Waist is a 31 now from 38. However I still have fat/love handles. Don’t feel confident enough in a bikini yet. So should I lower my gw to 150 ? Or should I recomp ? I don’t want to be too skinny, everyone is already telling me to stop losing weight. I want that “slim thick” look.

Replies

• slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    What are you currently doing for strength training. Where do you keep your weight? How much is your current deficit? Also how tall are you? I had well-meaning folks tell me to stop losing last go round. And I totally got where they were coming from, but I wished I had been more informed back then. If you are currently at a healthy weight by BMI, WtHt or BF% or what ever measure you like the consider tapering down to maintenance, see how you feel there for a few months and reassess. If you rate of lass is 1lb a week or faster, switching to 1/2 lb a week may be more appropriate while adding in strength work targeted to your abs and glutes. Toned abs will only be achievable through lowered body fat however, so you may still need to lose body fat to get the results you desire.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Show us a photo..
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Hard to advise re recomp without a photo.

What are you currently doing for strength training? If nothing, start now.
  • Leapinfrog0485
    Leapinfrog0485 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Life's too short, buy a Bikini. And I would start mixing in strength training if you are not already
  • alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What love handles?