Help with calculating macros

Options
Hi I need help calculating macros . I'm 153 pounds and 5ft 4.5 in height . Woman age 32 . Want to tone up more and lose some weight or fat from belly. Just wondering what I shud be aiming for in term of protein carbs and fat ...

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    If you're not sure where to start, try entering your goals into MyFitnessPal and using the macro makeup they provide. You can then adjust accordingly as you figure out what works best for you and your eating habits.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    0.8g per lb bodyweight protein. So 122 g = 490 cal.
    0.3g per lb BW fat. So 46 g = 413 cal.
    carbs get the rest.

Obviously to do this as % that MFP is looking for requires knowing what your daily eating goal is before exercise is added.
    490 / total = % protein
    413 / total = % fat
    carbs rest.
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I would first recommend doing a TDEE calculator to see how many calories you are burning.

I use https://tdeecalculator.net/

A quick calculation shows about 1650 calories with little to no exercise. Assuming you don't want to lose more than 1-1.5lbs per week, you would need to create a plan that allows for around 1250-1350 calories per day, most of that coming from protein. So an example would be:

145P/115C/40F - You can adjust this based on your preferences but protein should stay above 145. Goodluck!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    JJS1979 wrote: »
    I would first recommend doing a TDEE calculator to see how many calories you are burning.

I use https://tdeecalculator.net/

A quick calculation shows about 1650 calories with little to no exercise. Assuming you don't want to lose more than 1-1.5lbs per week, you would need to create a plan that allows for around 1250-1350 calories per day, most of that coming from protein. So an example would be:

145P/115C/40F - You can adjust this based on your preferences but protein should stay above 145. Goodluck!

Why use another tool when MFP has been the selected one?

And she did say exercising, so foundation of math is wrong, but no comment as to how much exercise.

Also, MFP goes by %, though you can keep tweaking the settings to hit grams.