Those who listen to music while exercising....

Options
Those who listen to music while exercising... what is/are your favorite song(s) to workout to. You know the ones that help motivate you to push even harder! :)

Replies

• Cobain94
    Cobain94 Posts: 21
    Options
    Anything by Crystal Castles.
  • lionsaults
    Options
    I'm very into hip-hop music when I work out. For example, Wiz Khalifa, New Boyz and Eminem are a few of my favorite artist to listen to when I work out. (:
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Faithless :happy:
  • littleredd
    Options
    Skrillex keeps me energised. As does Art Vs Science and any 80's pop.
  • mayatiger
    Options
    New Boyz, Lady GaGa, Pink, Rihanna, The Black Eyed Peas, Taio Cruz.......
  • SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    My most popular song of late has been "Forget Me Not" by Disciple. Mostly cause it's a song about how I'm coming home, and "don't you forget about me." Fits, being stuck in Afghanistan. ha But typically, any kind of hard rock with a positive message.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It's always fun to see who's got what in their workout mixes. Here's a thread from a few days ago:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/325121-gym-tunes
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My most popular song of late has been "Forget Me Not" by Disciple. Mostly cause it's a song about how I'm coming home, and "don't you forget about me." Fits, being stuck in Afghanistan. ha But typically, any kind of hard rock with a positive message.

Thanks for doing what you do!!
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i tend to like long songs, because it somehow helps me trick my brain into thinking the time spent working out is shorter. one that comes to mind is "beauty of the beast" by Nightwish -- very energetic operatic metal, and 10+ minutes long.
    if i get 3 10-minute songs together, i can start off thinking, "ok, i'll work out for 3 songs, easy peasy!!", instead of "you mean i have to work out for 30 whole minutes?!?!!!?"
  • kiwilvzteddy
    kiwilvzteddy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My playlist consists of fast metal to techno, and like hardcore "gangsta" rap lol Something to get me pumped up and try to keep up with the beats. Or if I want to run, I'll pick some songs with a more mellow type of beat to pace myself with. I find that music helps me a lot with concentrating on my workouts.
  • sal0118
    sal0118 Posts: 84
    Options
    When I go running, I have noticed that my pace picks up naturally to Tina Turner.
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything fast paced and/or with a good beat (which makes me strive to match the song's pace).

Tiesto - Sanctificum
    Darude - Sandstorm
    Lady GaGa - Born This Way
    Eminem - ANYTHING
    Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
    MC Chris - ANYTHING
    Gummy Bear - Funny DJ
    Evaline - Beneath The Fire (Nice long one!)

...and countless others. :)
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    batalina --> Good choice! I myself am partial to "Tenth Man Down" for pure adrenaline. :smile:

Oh goodness, this list could be very long, and my tastes run from rock to metal to electronica. Some of my "YEAH, LET'S KICK SOME *kitten*" songs include:

Chemical Brothers - Galvanize
    HammerFall - Fury of the Wild
    Lisa Lougheed - Run With Us (any other late '70s/early '80s-born Canadians recognize this mention? :wink: )
    Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
    Justice - Stress
    Pendulum (feat. Steve Wilson) - The Fountain
    Tadpole - Alright
    UNKLE - Burn My Shadow
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - they vary over time, but at the moment I step it up a bit to these:

LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
    Adelle - Rolling in the Deep
    Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia