Replies

• daniellam01
    daniellam01 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    What's your favorite drinks?
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    If I’m going out dancing (rare occasion). My go to, grand mariner on the rocks with usually cranberry. I have about 2-4drinks. If I’ve made it to 5, order me water and my Uber. PLEASE
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    If I’m going out dancing (rare occasion). My go to, grand mariner on the rocks with usually cranberry. I have about 2-4drinks. If I’ve made it to 5, order me water and my Uber. PLEASE

I only drink when I have a cook out or party for holidays! But what’s a grand mariner?
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I’m definitely a wine drinker, although I usually stick to aglass or two of homemade dry red wine. I also enjoy some liquors such as sambuca, armato, limoncello and Campari. Favourite cocktails would be a toss up between the aperol spritz, the negroni sbagliato and the bellini. Although I usually settle for a vodka and red bull. Favourite beers would include coors light, corona and Stella.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options

I only drink when I have a cook out or party for holidays! But what’s a grand mariner?

Sweet Cognac based liquor
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I can't do fireball. Real whiskey or no whiskey.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I’m definitely a wine drinker, although I usually stick to aglass or two of homemade dry red wine. I also enjoy some liquors such as sambuca, armato, limoncello and Campari. Favourite cocktails would be a toss up between the aperol spritz, the negroni sbagliato and the bellini. Although I usually settle for a vodka and red bull. Favourite beers would include coors light, corona and Stella.

True story. My grandfather homemakes limoncello an orangecello and so he gave me some and I was using it to take shots and he got super pissed at me because he said it's not a shot drink it's a sipping drink. And I'll tell you right now same as I told that old man, the only thing I'm going to be sipping on is an aged whisky.

:D Hence why I said I usually stick to vodka and red bull. It costs less and has the same effects.

I knew this one guy that made homemade grappa aka moonshine in his basement. Unfortunately he passed away five years ago. I’ll never forget how proud he was of his work. It definitely takes talent and hard work to make good homemade liquor and wine. I’ve never tasted anything like his in a liquor store that’s for sure.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    don't care much for it myself, but when im lit off that Mike's hard lemonade watch out

This generations zima

Thinking about Zima still makes my stomach turn 20 years later. Blech!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    no fireball.

i've yet to find a shot where i needed a chaser.

mostly i'm a cider, perry, or gin and tonic girl
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    And to answer the OP I like fireball and will shoot it when in the mood.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Fireball is only worthy of consumption in coffee with Rumchata.
    Or in my ears when yowled by Pitbull.

That being said, back in time, i have regrettably shot fireball.
  • beerdedbastard
    beerdedbastard Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I won't touch that Fireball garbage.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    don't care much for it myself, but when im lit off that Mike's hard lemonade watch out

This generations zima

Thinking about Zima still makes my stomach turn 20 years later. Blech!

Yup lol
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    no fireball.

i've yet to find a shot where i needed a chaser.

mostly i'm a cider, perry, or gin and tonic girl

A gin and tonic sounds mighty, mighty good to me.
  • DanSanthomes
    DanSanthomes Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ...Pernod.....

I'll leave that there.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Are the Mike's Hard Lemonade still malt based in the States? Or did you all finally discover that malt based coolers are revolving, and vodka is the better option (for sickeningly sweet kid drinks)?

Actually there are some unsweetened ones here now too that aren't really worthy of ingestion either.

Good old fashioned rye and coke, or ginger for mixed drinks, far better than coolers anyday.

Or...white wine slushy! Discovered that by mistake!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Are the Mike's Hard Lemonade still malt based in the States? Or did you all finally discover that malt based coolers are revolving, and vodka is the better option (for sickeningly sweet kid drinks)?

Actually there are some unsweetened ones here now too that aren't really worthy of ingestion either.

Good old fashioned rye and coke, or ginger for mixed drinks, far better than coolers anyday.

Or...white wine slushy! Discovered that by mistake!

Agree on the old fashioned rye and coke, recently tried gingerale and fireball, it was surprisingly good. My go to usually is just straight Makers Mark and sipping it or rum and pineapple juice.

I also discovered Rum Cream while in Jamaica, it is awesome all on it's own and I am sad that I didn't buy more to bring home while there. I need to go back just for more Rum Cream as you can't get it in the states.

I have never really been able to stomach malt beverages. Yuck.
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Straight Fireball, no thanks. Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Caramel Apple shots are good tho.