Insanity Program and weighing over 200lbs

Options
MKC258
MKC258 Posts: 24 Member
I am starting the Insanity Program and I weigh about 230lbs, 5'6 (woman) any suggestions or success stories?? I need some extra motivation of people who have done the program who was over 200lbs to help me stay motivated and focused!!

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Be safe. I completed the program once perfectly fine (around 250 lbs), and managed to screw up my shoulder the second time around because I hadn't been active enough in the months before-hand. It's an intense program, but if you keep your form and eat properly, you can get some great results. Good luck!
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity and was over 200lb (205lbs). I modify the moves so that I kept moving and that's the key to finishing this programme .Good luck
  • MKC258
    Options
    Thank you guys so much!!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I've been going to insanity classes since I was well over 200lb. Personally I'd recommend classes over the DVDs, because the instructor was able to modify exercises for me (she also modifies for injuries and for when I was recovering from long runs) and believe me I needed to modify almost everything to start with.
    I used a bench for anything like press up, burpees and mountain climbers that involved going on the floor and lower impact versions of Jack's, tuck jumps etc..
  • MKC258
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    I've been going to insanity classes since I was well over 200lb. Personally I'd recommend classes over the DVDs, because the instructor was able to modify exercises for me (she also modifies for injuries and for when I was recovering from long runs) and believe me I needed to modify almost everything to start with.
    I used a bench for anything like press up, burpees and mountain climbers that involved going on the floor and lower impact versions of Jack's, tuck jumps etc..

I just did the first DVD workout today! It was only a fit test but boy was it was workout. I did have to modify some of the things though, especially like jumping. But I modify and just tried to do something for everything. I just started it and it was hard but I felt good after. I know I will probably have to do a couple rounds to get to my goal but I've heard a lot of success stories.

I will look for a class, thank you for that advice!!
  • TonnnnUK
    TonnnnUK Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I throw on one of the videos around once a week for some intense cardio. I would suggest that you go really slow at your own pace and try to concentrate on just good form over any kind of speed. Stay safe, and take breaks when you need to. Find some useful modications for any of the moves you need to, and then it's progress progress progress from there! Good luck.
  • MKC258
    Options
    TonnnnUK wrote: »
    I throw on one of the videos around once a week for some intense cardio. I would suggest that you go really slow at your own pace and try to concentrate on just good form over any kind of speed. Stay safe, and take breaks when you need to. Find some useful modications for any of the moves you need to, and then it's progress progress progress from there! Good luck.

Thank you! This is my first week and that was my mindset. Just slowly working myself up to it and just sticking with it. There were some things to modify but hopefully over time it'll come! Thanks for the advice!