What's the best cereal to have to assist with weight loss :smile:

Replies

• SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    oatmeal
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    One without too much added sigar, and one where you don't need a large bowlful to feel satisfied.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have a mixed grain porage. You need to keep your diet varied though!
  • sweatymary
    Options
    Porridge/oats - keeps you less hungry for longer into the day :-D
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    yep porridge, weetbix and special k though i dont like it. but they are all good. anything with low GI. :smile:
  • want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ditto oats i don't even feel peckish till lunchtime if i have a bowl of porridge with raisins before work on a morning
  • alltalk199
    alltalk199 Posts: 275
    Options
    One apple with natural yogurt and pepitas and sunflower seeds is another alternative.
  • claguna23
    Options
    you could try oatmeal with brown sugar.....thats a good filler til lunch. or a homemade parfait, but the cereal i like best is regular cornflakes or cheerios, honey nut cheerios....a friend once told me that if i wanted sugar in my ceral to add a little bit of a sugared cereal to my non sugary cereal (for ex) fruit loops to my cornflakes
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    It depends on which ones you like. Choose the healthiest of them. One with not a lot of sugar is a good idea.

Ideal would be oats (porridge) or weetabix, but I don't know if you like them?
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Definitely porridge or weetabix and oatibix is the oats version for anyone allergic to wheat I believe! Fruit is good too for brekky with yog! yum...
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    Nothing cereal is not the best choice to start the day. Try some eggs instead
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love weetabix in summer with some saltanas and then in winter porridge you can add fruit when it gets a bit samey.
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    Nothing cereal is not the best choice to start the day. Try some eggs instead

I agree eggs are great too,but the OP asked for opinions on cereals,not breakfasts in general.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I like to make a parfait with low fat yogurt and Kashi go lean cereal. If I just eat cereal with milk I am starving again in an hour but they yogurt helps keep me fuller a bit longer. Sometimes I add berries or slivered almonds too.