2 hour walk

Options
Is walking 2 daily at a brisk walk too much. Sometimes I walk it all at once, sometimes I have to split the timing. I am 208 trying to get to 160.

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    too much in what way?

if your body isn't used to it then it can be bad for muscles and possibly cause injury. if you build up to it then it's all good unless there is some other medical issue.

eat back the exercise calories as well.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Go according to what you’re comfortable with. It’s probably too much starting out, but if you work up to over a period of time, it’s fine.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I walk until I’m too tired to walk or baby wants me to sit hold him lol.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Is walking 2 daily at a brisk walk too much. Sometimes I walk it all at once, sometimes I have to split the timing. I am 208 trying to get to 160.

It's dangerously boring 😝 You'll be fine. I find exercising over a hour a day much more mentally taxing than physical.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Not at all
  • liz0269
    liz0269 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Outside walking is very interesting to me with all the wonders of the world. I have several routes.

I'm with you. I am lucky to live in a wooded area and I absolutely love being outdoors. I walk or ride my bike for over two hours on a regular basis.
    I used to buy into all of the "ooh...don't exercise too much" hoopla. It's just that, hoopla. We evolved being physically active all day long. Sitting all day is what is unnatural. But doing low intensity activity for long periods of time is what we are supposed to be doing.
  • kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I walk most days for around 2 hours :) I love it. Breaks up my day
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My grandfather was a farm labourer, he spent his whole life walking the fields.
    I never knew a healthier person, he was living the life we evolved for.

Just see how you go. Mountain rescue hat on though - make sure to take basic kit, and that someone knows where you're going and when you're due back. Have fun 😀
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If you’re not used to that level of activity, then it may be dangerous.

If you gradually work up to that level of activity, it’s probably safe.
  • quintessential1
    quintessential1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    thanks all
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Our ancestors evolved to travel long distances by foot. If you're not feeling unduly fatigued go for it, you're unlikely to injure yourself (overuse injuries) unless you've been sedentary for a very long time.
  • _Paparazzi_
    _Paparazzi_ Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You are doing great keep doing what you are doing . Unless you're doctor tells you other wise .
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    liz0269 wrote: »
    Outside walking is very interesting to me with all the wonders of the world. I have several routes.

I'm with you. I am lucky to live in a wooded area and I absolutely love being outdoors. I walk or ride my bike for over two hours on a regular basis.
    I used to buy into all of the "ooh...don't exercise too much" hoopla. It's just that, hoopla. We evolved being physically active all day long. Sitting all day is what is unnatural. But doing low intensity activity for long periods of time is what we are supposed to be doing.

:smile:

Every word of this.