Feel like giving up

Options
anb3600
anb3600 Posts: 46 Member
I’ve had exams at the moment and I’ve gained 3 pounds in less than two weeks. I feel like this weight gain is affecting my mental health and my attitude towards my exams and I feel so alone that I eat my feelings. I’m so close to just letting myself go. Any advice?

Replies

• Venus_88
    Venus_88 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Letting yourself go will not solve any problem. Just don't add another thing to worry about. Try to prepare healthy snacks and meals before your exams start. You know that you're stress eating so get ready for that in advance. Hope it will work out for you :)
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    For years I did exam marking, in addition to my full time job. It was stressful, pressured, and always difficult to stay on track.

What worked for me was recognizing I was going to eat anyway, but getting in grapes, blueberries, lovely fruit salads. It was the only thing that kept me out of the biscuit tin.

Might be worth a try, but don't beat yourself up, plenty of time to get back on track when they're done.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,003 Member
    Options
    Perhaps help your body deal with the stress with a couple of 15 min strolls outside or some yoga, if you like it...
  • MT1134
    MT1134 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Venus_88 wrote: »
    Letting yourself go will not solve any problem. Just don't add another thing to worry about. Try to prepare healthy snacks and meals before your exams start. You know that you're stress eating so get ready for that in advance. Hope it will work out for you :)

That's great advice. I agree with that. Preparation is key in life. Don't cut working out from your life, just modify it. Even a 30 minute walk each day is highly beneficial to your health and well-being. Don't stop though, that's not going to help.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    you are stressed, if you overeat you will still be stressed and fat too. I had rather just be stressed.