MCT Oil and Collagen Peptides - KETO diet

Options
Roy1C
Roy1C Posts: 75 Member
edited June 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Is anybody using MCT oil and Collagen Peptides to supplement a KETO diet?

Do you find it beneficial?

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don’t see a need for the MCT. I’ve considered taking a collagen supplement but can’t stomach the price so I just make bone broth and drink that.
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm not using any of that yet. To be honest I took one look at the eye-popping price tag on the MCT and kept on walking.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I bought a pint of expensive MCT oil and have 99% of it remaining with no immediate plans for using it.
    I'll take my coffee with heavy cream only, thank you.
  • mgorski1160
    mgorski1160 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the collagen peptides and they are making a difference for me. My nails, hair and skin have improved and I also try to make bone broth.
  • Roy1C
    Options
    I love the collagen peptides and they are making a difference for me. My nails, hair and skin have improved and I also try to make bone broth.

I have been using Collagen Peptides for about 45 days and the hair, skin and nail improvement is now being noticed by other people. So many are getting it injected directly in their face and that scares me. The supplement is working great.
  • Roy1C
    Options
    I'm not using any of that yet. To be honest I took one look at the eye-popping price tag on the MCT and kept on walking.

Since coconut oil is like 60% MCT oil and I love the taste I too past on the MCT oil.

I agree coconut oil is a good alternative. As for the comments about price, my opinion is this: if I didn’t mind the money spent on convenience foods that were loaded with sugar, being cheap with something that’s good for my health is crazy. It is definitely a good way to keep the right ratio of fat/protein/carbs in your diet.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I like bone broth - if it aint broke, dont fix it.....
  • eb8566
    eb8566 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I’ve been taking collagen for about 4 months but haven’t really noticed a change. For those that have seen benefits, what kind do you take?
  • Roy1C
    Options
    OooohToast wrote: »
    I like bone broth - if it aint broke, dont fix it.....

bone broth is a good general overall support for the body. It contains a wealth of key nutrients including collagen, just in a much smaller doses. If that works for you, great!
  • Roy1C
    Options
    eb8566 wrote: »
    I’ve been taking collagen for about 4 months but haven’t really noticed a change. For those that have seen benefits, what kind do you take?

Sports Research collagen Peptides
  • eb8566
    eb8566 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will check that brand out!