NO MORE LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- JUNE 2019

Options
lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
For the newbies, here's what it's all about: if you feel like you're self-sabotaging by munching/binging after dinner or like you're doubling your in-calories at night :/ , then join us in fighting late night snacking :wink:!

How this goes:
- each of us decides what late night snacking means to them (could be either binging, if you're inclined to it or simply eating anything at all after a certain time; some may find that having a healthy snack after dinner is perfectly alright and be upset only when they go overboard)
- we post by the formula: Me: X vs. LNS: Y, where X is "how many evenings you stuck to it" and Y "the times late night snacks won"
- additionally, you may want to add a * to the latest number.
- feel free to also post streaks of how many days you've managed to be free of late night snacking

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated :wink: , as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile! :smile:

Welcome!

Replies

• Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,949 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    ME: 1
    STREAK: 1

I've let this slide the last couple of months so I'm back as it helps with my self discipline! Thanks for keeping this challenge going 🤗
  • krea4
    Options
    honeyplum wrote: »
    LNS is hard for me. I truly sabotage myself all the time. I find myself doing well during the day but at night I indulge and over eat snacks!!! I'm going try to this challenge and see if it helps me.

This is the same with me. This challenge really helps keep me focused when I'm reaching for the after dinner snacks. Good luck 🍀
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @krea4 & @honeyplum
    I too tend to sabotage myself at night. Start my day with exercise, eat well and track at night; then the voices that I hear talk me into eating. I'm getting a longer stronger to say NO! Kitchen is closed!!

This past week I put the t-shirt I want to fit into this fall for football season on a hanger across my bed. So, when I get ready for bed I have to move it. I then say to myself.... I DO WANT TO wear this!! And that helps more nights than not. I'm trying to figure out what I can put in the kitchen as a"sign" that will signify that I'm done for the night. I have learned that even if I have calories left, eating after dinner does NOT work for me. It is a huge trigger. So having a little larger dinner does the trick, instead.

April-
    ME: 22
    lns: 8

May-
    lns: 9

Oh I am so thrilled to have a fresh start! :) And I'm eager to have more than 22 days ME!
    June 1 -
    lns*:0
    Streak: 1

*mentally I am putting ME in caps to give me the power and "lns" in lowercase to take it's power away. May seem silly, but whatever I can do to give me the strength. :)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Tolamarie wrote: »
    Thanks for the new month. I've been in this challenge almost two years and it has really helped me.

I'm so glad it's working for you. :smile:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    June 1

• Firebro2
    Firebro2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to prevent the late night snacking? Drinking water, going to bed earlier, reciting poetry...etc.?
  • xrsxrs
    xrsxrs Posts: 221 Member
    Options
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Me1
    Lns0
  • Jadecarpet
    Jadecarpet Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ME: 0
    LNS: 1
    STREAK: 0
    I really need to join & do this as I am so bad at night for over eating. I end up eating everything I see. I'm so bad some nights that I end up going out late & buying a big bag of cheesy puffs, that and/or a big bag of salted peanuts!
    I lost 12 lbs nearly 2 mths ago now, then sabotaged myself by chowing down on late night snacks & gained back 10 lbs of the weight. I'm so peeved at myself for messing up so bad :'(
    So I'd love to join the "No More Late Night Snacking -> June 2019"
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread.

Me: 2*
  • krea4
    Options
    ME: 2
    STREAK: 2
  • Tolamarie
    Options
    Firebro2 wrote: »
    What are you doing to prevent the late night snacking? Drinking water, going to bed earlier, reciting poetry...etc.?

I've seen quite a few people who go to bed early. That doesn't work for me though. I try to evaluate whether or not I am hungry enough to eat an apple. If I am not, then I decide it is not hunger, but some other need driving me to the kitchen and I try to distract myself with something else.

• Tolamarie
    Options
    Me: 2
  • johicks
    Options
    Firebro2 wrote: »

I've noticed that eating just a little more at dinner, then drinking hot tea helps keep me full. Then I put my night time routine into play... Wash face, brush hair, brush teeth. And I have chewing gum on my bed stand and take water to bed.
  • johicks
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    @krea4 & @honeyplum
    I too tend to sabotage myself at night. Start my day with exercise, eat well and track at night; then the voices that I hear talk me into eating. I'm getting a longer stronger to say NO! Kitchen is closed!!

This past week I put the t-shirt I want to fit into this fall for football season on a hanger across my bed. So, when I get ready for bed I have to move it. I then say to myself.... I DO WANT TO wear this!! And that helps more nights than not. I'm trying to figure out what I can put in the kitchen as a"sign" that will signify that I'm done for the night. I have learned that even if I have calories left, eating after dinner does NOT work for me. It is a huge trigger. So having a little larger dinner does the trick, instead.

April-
    lns: 8

May-
    lns: 9

Oh I am so thrilled to have a fresh start! :) And I'm eager to have more than 22 days ME!
    June 1 -
    lns*:0

*mentally I am putting ME in caps to give me the power and "lns" in lowercase to take it's power away. May seem silly, but whatever I can do to give me the strength. :)

ME: 2
    lbs: 0
    Streak: 2
  • xrsxrs
    xrsxrs Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Me2