Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream Chips 8.5oz

phred_52
phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
Purchased before starting gym 9 days ago, so I'll call it a treat, being My all time faves. I'll just spend an extra 90 min recumbent to cancel.

Looking at numbers though, I thought it would be worse....1300 cal, 85 fat, 130 carbs, and 17 protein. Maybe their the right kind of carbs to fuel me. :)

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Just read serving size I had 11 plain potatoe chips (160 calories) today counted the calories had it with a poor mans version of vegan chili ...or was it more a fancy pork y beans not sure everything I planned to put in it fell apart pretty fast lol. Black beans got passed up for pork y beans so probably more fancy. But healthy meal for dinner planned out. I’m limiting my treats but hard I’m still over doing teas. Down to 8-12oz a day sugary tea but on a bad day that goes to half a jug!
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 113 Member
    phred_52 wrote: »
    ....1300 cal, 85 fat, 130 carbs

Confused. Did you read the other thread you wrote?
  • phred_52

Not really John. I will say I"m confused about Your being confused. No, I'm not trying to be rude.
  • phred_52
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Lol... 90 mins on recumbent to cancel out 1300 calories? As Aerosmith would say, "Dream on!"

1st, Great Song. I'm just using calories burned shown on bike. I've also went to a few other places and plugged in appropriate number, and They basically give very similar numbers.

These figures come from this site, calories burned based on vigorous cranking of pedals:

Stationary bike, vigorous effort (bicycling, cycling, biking)
    "80 min" "1,270 calories burned"
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Woke up today lost weight down to 171.6 so happy keeping calories counted but being less tight on not having a treat.
  • phred_52

Commenting on MikePTY' post...I "never" use calories burned as Gospel.

1st, MFP needs to seriously adjust calories burned for say vigorous cycling. Many other sites need to do same.

The cancelling food with extra excercise was meant more as a joke..oops.

Lastly, from all places I've read, 1-2.5 lbs per week can be the norm.

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member

1st, MFP needs to seriously adjust calories burned for say vigorous cycling. Many other sites need to do same.

There’s a lot of misinformation and unsustainable weight loss methods on the internet. What you’ve read as the “norm” (and please do share the source for that) has more to do with how much weight one wants/has to lose. Want to lose 10lbs? 1-2.5/week is WAY too rapid. Want to lose 100lbs.? Then losing 1-2.5lbs/week can be the “norm”.

You might want to consider using “/s” at the end of a sentence to indicate sarcasm or an emoji if you’re joking. It’s nearly impossible to detect one’s tone via text. 😎
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 113 Member
    Not really John. I will say I"m confused about Your being confused. No, I'm not trying to be rude.

No worries, just misread post.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    I just wish the print was bigger I misread all the time lol
  • Mcwi3681
    Mcwi3681 Posts: 67 Member
    Those exact chips are the the sole reason I put on 20 lbs after replacing smoking with those delicious little devils.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited June 2019
    God says everything in moderation so does the Doctors so giving that a try best I can...but hard we’re all food addicts or their wouldn’t be a huge weight loss industry making billions.
  • phred_52

There’s a lot of misinformation and unsustainable weight loss methods on the internet. What you’ve read as the “norm” (and please do share the source for that) has more to do with how much weight one wants/has to lose. Want to lose 10lbs? 1-2.5/week is WAY too rapid. Want to lose 100lbs.? Then losing 1-2.5lbs/week can be the “norm”.

You might want to consider using “/s” at the end of a sentence to indicate sarcasm or an emoji if you’re joking. It’s nearly impossible to detect one’s tone via text. 😎

My source of info...Just type this into Google..."avg weight loss per week"....look at the first 4 that come up, CDC and Mayo Clinic and 2 others. As with "all" numbers, weight loss weekly or calories burned on bike or treadmill, I really don't pay them no mind.

As for an emoji, i goofed on that one, thx for pointing that out.

• phred_52
    John772016 wrote: »

No worries, just misread post.

No problem here...I took no offense,,,have a wonderful day :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member

My source of info...Just type this into Google..."avg weight loss per week"....look at the first 4 that come up, CDC and Mayo Clinic and 2 others. As with "all" numbers, weight loss weekly or calories burned on bike or treadmill, I really don't pay them no mind.

As for an emoji, i goofed on that one, thx for pointing that out.

But that's the average for everyone who has any amount of weight to lose. It doesn't mean that whether you have 10 lbs or 100 lbs to lose, everyone is fine losing anywhere in that range. Those articles that come up are overviews, they aren't going to go into the details of every variable to take into consideration.

We see posts here all the time from folks who lost weight fast and now that they're at goal, they are struggling with appetite, noticing their workouts suffering, and not happy with how they look. Most of us cautioning people to slow down are doing so out of both personal experience as well as several years of reading posts here and noticing trends. We're not doing it to be buzzkills, we're hoping some people will be happy to learn from our experience rather than the hard way. Obviously, we're all adults and ultimately can choose to take whatever path we want, but I am after all these years still grateful for the experienced posters who sounded like killjoys when I started here but have since learned from immensely!
  • phred_52
    i can agree with that Kimmy. I just concentrate on weight loss goal, no matter what any site may say.

I was just curious about my former weight loss 3 yrs back...200lbs :( to 160, a comfortable weight5.71 took me 7 months, avg. per month loss...5.71lbs or 1.42lbs week. Again, just numbers. Was all about making my goal, that's it.

😅 Let myself go weight wise, so like the song "Let the Good Times Roll"...meant to be humorous.