Is my friend on steroids?

Replies

• thelostbreed02
    thelostbreed02 Posts: 87 Member
    Are you watching her eat the food or just seeing it on instagram? It's not uncommon for food instagrammers to not actually eat the food they post.

She does eat it aall
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Unless you are counting the calories that she is actually eating and counting how many calories she is expending then you don't know whether she is artificially keeping her weight down somehow. Or whether she has just reached a happy weight and is maintaining. You can't be with her every meal and just posting pictures does not mean she is eating all the foooodz.

And in answer to your actual question. No there is not anything that makes food into "nothing". So if you want to lose weight yourself you will need to look at your own eating habits.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,724 Member
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Does this friend really exist or are you making assumptions about people online in the hopes that you'll find some magic method so you can do it yourself?
    You want her instagram? Creep 😂 if you want I'll do it

I never asked for her instagram so I don't know why you're calling me a creep. In fact, I'd argue the only creep here is you for making a post about your so-called friend on the internet and even offering up her instagram in the first place.

In your initial post you don't even really seem concerned about your friend; you seem more curious about if it's possible to eat that way and not gain weight hence why I asked what I did. In looking at your replies to others, I'm still unsure if there's a friend. You go out with her, you've seen her eat like this, etc. but you mentioned the instagram first and foremost rather than actually spending time with this friend and seeing her eat it all. You seem more like a teenager who is being easily swayed by what you see on social media rather than a concerned friend.

I don't think she meant to call you a creep. These days it means to check out (stalk) someone's social media accounts without them knowing.

Yeah I've seen that referenced here before. It's still pretty twisted as far as I'm concerned....

Not as twisted as fans of actors/singers/etc calling themselves stans because they clearly don't understand how that's a BAD thing.

/fandom pet peeve

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Does this friend really exist or are you making assumptions about people online in the hopes that you'll find some magic method so you can do it yourself?

I never asked for her instagram so I don't know why you're calling me a creep. In fact, I'd argue the only creep here is you for making a post about your so-called friend on the internet and even offering up her instagram in the first place.

In your initial post you don't even really seem concerned about your friend; you seem more curious about if it's possible to eat that way and not gain weight hence why I asked what I did. In looking at your replies to others, I'm still unsure if there's a friend. You go out with her, you've seen her eat like this, etc. but you mentioned the instagram first and foremost rather than actually spending time with this friend and seeing her eat it all. You seem more like a teenager who is being easily swayed by what you see on social media rather than a concerned friend.

I don't think she meant to call you a creep. These days it means to check out (stalk) someone's social media accounts without them knowing.

Yeah I've seen that referenced here before. It's still pretty twisted as far as I'm concerned....

Not as twisted as fans of actors/singers/etc calling themselves stans because they clearly don't understand how that's a BAD thing.

/fandom pet peeve

I've heard the term "stan" 10000 times and until your post I didn't make the association of where it originated from. Mind blown.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,724 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »

/fandom pet peeve

I've heard the term "stan" 10000 times and until your post I didn't make the association of where it originated from. Mind blown.

*gets the tissues to help clean up* To be on topic, I bet steroids make the same kind of mess!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »

/fandom pet peeve

I believe it is a reference to the Eminem song of the same name, and that is even more reason why people don't want to be a "stan".

Yeah I got the Eminen reference as soon as I saw the post. Like I had never put that together but for some reason it clicked immediately.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member

/fandom pet peeve

Agreed - some peoples kids, ya know? :(