Replies

• lupelve03
    Options
    how can people say no to certain food?<junk food>????:indifferent:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    how can people say no to certain food?<junk food>????:indifferent:

I think about how long I have to be at the gym to work it off and realize that its not worth it.
    Dont get me wrong if I want a certain thing I will have it but in moderation and it has to fit in my alloted calories for the day (prior to me working out)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    willpower and determination ..but it takes a lot..for me it took really looking into what those food contained...and what my body really needed..but you dont have to say no forever just learn to eat in moderation.:drinker:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Oh lord....................I can't I love it.................but, I love the goals I set for myself more. Find a healthy alternative......when honey and I want a cheeseburger and fries I make, Turkey burgers with cheese and mushrooms all the fixins on whole wheat bread with sweet snap peas as fries.............yummy! and all about 365 cals!

There are options.................good luck and JUST SAY NO!:drinker:
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    Oh lord....................I can't I love it.................but, I love the goals I set for myself more. Find a healthy alternative......when honey and I want a cheeseburger and fries I make, Turkey burgers with cheese and mushrooms all the fixins on whole wheat bread with sweet snap peas as fries.............yummy! and all about 365 cals!

There are options.................good luck and JUST SAY NO!:drinker:

thanks for the idea!
  • happenstance82
    Options
    It's so tough! I started thinking of food as fuel for my body...that helped...a litte :tongue:
  • MattySparky
    Options
    Because junk food isn't good for you and so easily makes us fat. Thats how.
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's a combination of different things for me. I ask myself why I want that specific food (am I comforting myself?). Is it worth the extra time in the gym? Will I feel good after I eat it (I used to love Popeye's spicy fried chicken, now it literally makes me sick)? Do I want the food I crave, or do I want a cute derriere? Mostly, I remember it's just food, nothing more.

126046.png
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I think of cals like $$$. I don't want to waste them:wink:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I think of cals like $$$. I don't want to waste them:wink:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    For me, it is a matter of having to take pills or shots to treat diabetes or eat right and exercise and no one even knows I have diabetes...........
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    For me, it is a matter of having to take pills or shots to treat diabetes or eat right and exercise and no one even knows I have diabetes...........

Great way to look at it!!:drinker:
  • fit4lyfe
    Options
    I try and do something else that isnt about food so i take my mind off of it. I have a treat night where I will go all out and do everything that makes me feel sexy and happy that doesnt include over indulging. I will do face masks,paint my nails, and make a big fruit bowl dish, then watch a movie and by then I feel great. For some reason after I shower I dont feel like eating badly if that makes any sense
  • LeanLioness
    Options

Thanks............

It hit me really hard when my Dr told me I was going to have to go on insulin shots if I did not get the weight off, exercise and watch my carbs.................

I am doing Atkins by the book and I am on Phase 2 (Ongoing weight loss) climbing the carb ladder.

I have added in the following so far:

The carb ladder is as follows and you add foods from that "rung" on the ladder...........

Rung 1. More salad and other vegetables on the acceptable foods list

Rung 2. Fresh Cheeses (as well as more aged cheese) this one includes cottage cheese and yogurt. I don't like cottage cheese though, added in Fage and full fat plain, organic and unsweetened yogurt......

Rung 3. Seeds and nuts (I enjoyed this one especially, I do love nuts)

Rung 4. Berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries - all my favorite :love: )

Rung 5. Wine and other spirits low in carbs (I skipped this one for now, will add back in later)

Rung 6. Legumes and lentils (this is where I am currently at)

Rung 7. Fruits other than berries and melons

Rung 8. Starchy vegetables

Rung 9. Whole grains

This week I have made dishes with black beans and lima beans (my 2 favorite beans). I am going to make some ham and beans this weekend.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I plug in the calories of my desire-of-the-moment into MFP, see how many calories are REALLY in my craving,:grumble: :noway: and POW, the craving's gone and a healthy alternative is at the front of my mind!!!:happy:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 times a day and 99% of the time I can resist becasue I am just plain not hungry and that makes it easier.:flowerforyou:
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I think it's easier just to not have the food even remotely available to you. I think discipline starts at the grocery store. Don't go hungry, and you're less likely to reach for unhealthy foods. And if it's not in your house, you can't get up at 12 and sneak some Cheetos:smile: .

After you say no for a few weeks, you'll probably notice that the cravings go away. I also think of food as fuel, and who wants to put crappy fuel in their body? If it doesn't do anything good for you, why eat it? Also, running 4 miles to burn off a cookie just doesn't seem like something I feel like doing most days....
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Thanks............

It hit me really hard when my Dr told me I was going to have to go on insulin shots if I did not get the weight off, exercise and watch my carbs.................

I am doing Atkins by the book and I am on Phase 2 (Ongoing weight loss) climbing the carb ladder.

I have added in the following so far:

The carb ladder is as follows and you add foods from that "rung" on the ladder...........

Rung 1. More salad and other vegetables on the acceptable foods list

Rung 2. Fresh Cheeses (as well as more aged cheese) this one includes cottage cheese and yogurt. I don't like cottage cheese though, added in Fage and full fat plain, organic and unsweetened yogurt......

Rung 3. Seeds and nuts (I enjoyed this one especially, I do love nuts)

Rung 4. Berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries - all my favorite :love: )

Rung 5. Wine and other spirits low in carbs (I skipped this one for now, will add back in later)

Rung 6. Legumes and lentils (this is where I am currently at)

Rung 7. Fruits other than berries and melons

Rung 8. Starchy vegetables

Rung 9. Whole grains

This week I have made dishes with black beans and lima beans (my 2 favorite beans). I am going to make some ham and beans this weekend.

all good stuff...that Fage yogurt is awesome awesome!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    You know Dave, the Fage kind of tastes like sour cream, which I never liked until recently, so I was a little put off by the fage.........

I have been buying Mountain High, full fat organic whole milk plain yogurt and like that much better.........
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    You know Dave, the Fage kind of tastes like sour cream, which I never liked until recently, so I was a little put off by the fage.........

I have been buying Mountain High, full fat organic whole milk plain yogurt and like that much better.........

ya, but I add protein powder to fage and I like that whipped texture, it also is the lowest sugar g that I have found in a yogurt