Needing motivation..bad!!

Options
Good afternoon! Although I am my heaviest I’ve been in two years, I am not new to fitness and trying to keep a healthy lifestyle. In the last two years, though I’ve gained 20lbs but I am not a graduate nurse! Through school and not being able to stay as active as before I gained the weight. Currently, I want to lose 30lbs. I am getting married in January.
I need some motivation, so if anyone has any advice or pics. Please share!
You’d think my wedding would be motivation enough but my eating habits have been lacking, sooo badly lately.

Replies

• bdrummond7034
    bdrummond7034 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Am now a graduate nurse**
  • The14ThBerserker
    The14ThBerserker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just gotta keep pushing man! I’m in the same boat, I’m at 186 and gained way more than what I used to do. Which is 160. Wake up, walk about 4.5-5 miles everyday. Go to work or whatever you’re doing and then hit the gym and lift weights for about 45 minutes. Set your food Intake to what your full goals are. And it wouldn’t hurt to use a fat burner for more motivation or a pre workout to get you more excited for the workouts
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Do beware of "fat burners." There are no magic pills.

You can make a lot of progress between now and January. A healthy rate of weight loss for most people is 1 pound a week. You don't want to go extreme on the diet and then find yourself overeating because you feel deprived, or jumping into a workout regime that is too big a change all at once and set yourself up for injury.

Here's one of the best guides to getting started:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1