Protein Powder??

Options
1991court
1991court Posts: 230 Member
What kind do you like?

I can't stand chalky/gritty protein powder. Would like for it taste pretty decent.

A little about me:
I'm super close to being out of the 200s, lightly active except when I have to work (very physical job). I'm hoping to get the Ok to start Kick Boxing soon. Not necessarily for meal replacement, would love to be able to bake with it.

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many, and have finally settled on Sparta Nutrition. GNC sells it, and they have a web site themselves. The 5 lb tub is a great deal, I have tried loopy fruits and cookies n cream, and enjoy both of them.
  • MatthewHaggard
    MatthewHaggard Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I like Isopure Dutch Chocolate 25g protein per scoop, no carbs or fat. It basically tastes like Yoohoo. Very smooth even with water. This is one of those "Not for weight loss" products, it's in addition to proper nutrition, not a meal replacement.

Idealshake vanilla is a great additive imo to a breakfast smoothie, 100 calories a scoop. Supposedly has a potato protein based appetite suppressant. I've been making breakfast smoothies with Coscto Antioxidant mix frozen berries, unsweetened almond milk and a scoop of idealshake. Delicious and not gritty at all.
  • HulkV2
    HulkV2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The best by far that I have had is Optimum Nutrition Chocolate. Mix it with milk of choice and it's delicious. I have used Musclepharm also and it's pretty good. Currently using Isopure and it's not very pleasant but I also mix with water so....
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    HulkV2 wrote: »
    The best by far that I have had is Optimum Nutrition Chocolate. Mix it with milk of choice and it's delicious. I have used Musclepharm also and it's pretty good. Currently using Isopure and it's not very pleasant but I also mix with water so....

Optimum Nutrition is the best mixing one I've found. It dissolves completely. I've only had the vanilla, but I like it.
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Isopure user as well. So many flavors, but chocolate and vanilla are my go too flavors
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,721 Member
    Options
    I love plant protein and use SunWarrior the most. I have had much better results with weight after giving up dairy. I like NOW brand pea protein and plant protein complex. Great for making things. I make a " mock" buttercream, no sugar
  • sofine1982
    sofine1982 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1991court wrote: »
    What kind do you like?

I can't stand chalky/gritty protein powder. Would like for it taste pretty decent.

A little about me:
    I'm super close to being out of the 200s, lightly active except when I have to work (very physical job). I'm hoping to get the Ok to start Kick Boxing soon. Not necessarily for meal replacement, would love to be able to bake with it.

Bulk powders do nice ones they taste nice and blend really easy
  • Joie_de_vivre17
    Joie_de_vivre17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Pure Whey Rich Chocolate is my favorite
  • peloNplants
    peloNplants Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’ve been vegan for 10+ years. I used to buy sun warrior. I discovered Liv Body protein powder. They have probiotics and greens in it. There are 3 flavors. All of them are great. No chalky taste. They are great to bake with too. I make chocolate waffles with the mocha flavor.
  • ducttapebowtie
    ducttapebowtie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use the Hyvee Generic Vanilla brand. I'm not super picky because I tend to blend it into a smoothie with lots of fruits and seeds, so if it doesn't dissolve well it's hard to tell. The previous powder I was using was pretty high carb, so I was mixing it with water. It was the Chocolate Body Fortress. No chalky taste, but not a great texture even with water. To me, at least. It tasted good, but it was like too thick for a water-based drink, but not thick enough to be like creamy and satisfying? I would go completely without if I could more reliably figure out how to eat just a ton of protein without just stuffing my face with chicken and eggs all the time.