Things you used to love that gross you out.

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You're not going to believe me, but chocolate. The other day I had a chunky bar and it tasted like sugary wax to me. I haven't had a candy bar in 8 months. I'm sure I would enjoy a more quality chocolate, but that one sucked. I was a complete chocolate addict a year ago too.

Clearly you had defective chocolate. Demand a refund.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Regular soda.
    Most fried items (with the exception of cheese).

I haven't really dieted in years and still can't stand them.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    DP

My mind just went to the way wrong place there.... :noway: :laugh: :wink: :drinker:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i wonder if this developed aversion to food isn't psychological. I still love the foods I've always loved, but I just don't eat as much of it or as often. Ah well, if being grossed out is how you keep from eating the 'unhealthy' stuff, then all the power to you. I'll still enjoy my pizza, chocolate, and McD's without having to feel guilty about not offering you any.

Same here. I don't find that my tastes have changed much, but how much and how often I eat many of those foods has changed a lot. Like someone else there are foods I used to hate that I like now, but a stuffed crust pizza still is something I would like to eat.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    DP

My mind just went to the way wrong place there.... :noway: :laugh: :wink: :drinker:

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • Louieanne
    Louieanne Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Any sonic hamburger and chili cheese tots! This used to be my "treat" after grocery shopping every two weeks. Thought about it today and it didn't even sound good!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    anything fried makes me physically sick to my stomach nowadays.
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    Nope . . . I still love all the terrible stuff!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i wonder if this developed aversion to food isn't psychological. I still love the foods I've always loved, but I just don't eat as much of it or as often. Ah well, if being grossed out is how you keep from eating the 'unhealthy' stuff, then all the power to you. I'll still enjoy my pizza, chocolate, and McD's without having to feel guilty about not offering you any.

Ditto. I had a craving for a bk big fish the other day... used to eat them twice a month at least. Haven't given in to it yet because I want this to be a loss week, but if it comes down to it, I'm going to have at least half of one...I haven't had one in 6 months. I'm not going to feel guilty about it, because now I know how to manage the extra calories I have to work out so I can EARN it.
  • whispiri
    whispiri Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am with ya there. I think it is because when we have put so much crap into our bodies for so long, when it finally gets a taste of what is healthy,,,,,it can't stand the crap anymore.

It was not just because I was overweight but I also had been having gastro-intestinal problems, gullbladder problems and more with all the crap I was putting in my body. Now that I am eating better I just want to vomit at the thought of some of that food. Tonight when I went walking I passed by a local restaurant and the smell of their deep fryers just grossed me out.
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    Regular pop
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Pringles a lot few years ago. I didn't touch them for years (did eat other chips though) and I tried them again this year. Gah! The grease got stuck on top of my mouth and the taste was just wrong...
    Same thing has happened also to some of my other favorites too. It's good, in a way :)

Like last week we ordered some kebab to work for lunch, and I just didn't feel like having it with potatoes, so I had salad instead of the potatoes (fries usually) :) I also have days when I feel like having a salad instead of sandwich or other heavier food.
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    If I had to pick just one thing I would say Doughnuts....even the smell of them being cooked in all that rancid fat turns my stomach.
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    The only thing I regularly avoid is fast food, it for the most part is nasty and usually makes me sick. I eat significantly less meat now than I ever have. Other than that I still enjoy a lot of the same foods just in smaller portions and less frequently for some things like sweets.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Almost anything deep fried gives me a wave of nausea, but particularly the breaded chicken sandwich at Burger King. Its been years since I ate one, but I used to LOVE it, and now the thought of it makes me want to hurl!
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    Hamburgers - blegh.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I wish this happened to me! If I could be healthy and lose weight on a diet of pizza and cider I'd be a happy girl. I love junk food and hate exercise so I have to really force myself to eat healthily and work out :(
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I used to love chinese takaway! sweet and sour chicken with eggg fried rice and prawn crackers.

Last week my boyfriend persuaded me to order my 'favorite' rather than the Sui Mai steamed dumplings and boiled rice that I have started to order (only about 400cals!)
    I felt so ill the next day, i was bloated, felt sick and the thought of it now makes me feel ill.

I will be sticking to the Sui Mai in future!
  • sabo1974
    sabo1974 Posts: 12
    Options
    Before I changed the way I was eating, I ate a lot of crap food, and it tasted sooo good to me. But now when someone brings it up, or I see it/smell it, I've noticed that a good portion of it just sounds nasty! For instance, stuffed crust pizza. I used to love it. Now it kiiind of makes me want to throw up. I also used to love McDonald's. I had it yesterday, and while it still tasted good, it made me so bloated and sick-feeling I don't even want to touch the **** anymore. What are some foods that are like that for you?

^^^This is pretty much me, too. Occasionally, I'll take the kids to McDonalds for a quick Happy Meal and get myself something and by the time I get halfway through eating, I feel like I'm gonna puke. Pretty much any fast food does that to me now. I don't know why I even bother to buy something anymore.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Spaghettios w/ Franks

I ate so many cans of this when pregnant that if I smell them I get nauseous.