1000 cal/Day - Still not losing?

I have been losing weight fairy consistently over the last two months and for almost the last two weeks I haven’t budged an ounce. It’s really frustrating, I have stayed within/under my 1,000 calorie daily goal, and I either run or strength train 7 days a week. I track my calories and macros with this app and everything seems to be in order. So what am I doing wrong?? It’s beginning to feel useless! :(:'(

Replies

• CheekyChiq88
    CheekyChiq88 Posts: 109 Member
    a friend once suggested a kitchen scale as weighing things out and being sure of portions...also is it possible your calorie deficit is too high...I would think you need more calories especially with all that activity. I'm no dr and I'm sure many others will have better more educated responses....just my thoughts
  • Tac0caT
    Tac0caT Posts: 88 Member
    a friend once suggested a kitchen scale as weighing things out and being sure of portions...also is it possible your calorie deficit is too high...I would think you need more calories especially with all that activity. I'm no dr and I'm sure many others will have better more educated responses....just my thoughts

Yea! I use my kitchen scale religiously lol. I know some of my weightloss was just due to postpartum weightloss, but I still don’t feel it should have stopped dead in its tracks like this. Especially working out for atleast 30 mins 7 days a week and tracking my nutrition. 😔
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    What are you eating? Are you snacking and not logging?
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Open your dairy.
  • Tac0caT
    Tac0caT Posts: 88 Member
    I’ve spoke with my doctor about a 1000 calorie diet and she seemed to think it was reasonable as long as I continued tracking essiental nutrients. I’m also not breastfeeding. :/
  • AdaMaraNma
    AdaMaraNma Posts: 27 Member
    Try increasing to at least 1250 - 1300 cals/day and see what happens in 2 weeks
  • JohnPaulEightyOne
    JohnPaulEightyOne Posts: 127 Member
    Seems awfully low. Your metabolism might be slowing to a crawl. Going over a thousand calories now might put you in a surplus until your metabolism evens out again. Remember that the body likes to adapt for efficiency.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    This is normal. Weight loss for many people is regular for the first few months, then hits a plateau and afterwards goes in fits and starts, with weeks of no scale loss followed by a “whoosh” that may be several pounds. The reason why has to do with how the body handles losing fat - fat cells are temporarily filled with water as fat is used, then the body eventually flushes the water.

Two weeks is nothing, be patient and you will see a whoosh if you are really in a deficit. In the meantime, 1000 calories is too little for an active person. Don’t get spooked and drop your calories when you hit a plateau. Check your logging to be sure it is accurate, and carry on.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Tac0caT wrote: »
    I have been losing weight fairy consistently over the last two months and for almost the last two weeks I haven’t budged an ounce. It’s really frustrating, I have stayed within/under my 1,000 calorie daily goal, and I either run or strength train 7 days a week. I track my calories and macros with this app and everything seems to be in order. So what am I doing wrong?? It’s beginning to feel useless! :(:'(

You must be tiny if that is your goal calories?

In which case are you needing to lose anymore weight?

If so, then 2 weeks stuck at one point isnt that unusual really. Try to carry on for another 2 weeks to see.
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,891 MFP Staff
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for closing this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

6. Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

I WILL:
    • I will allow members to share experiences without judgment. Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found on our Eating Disorder Resources page.
    • I will understand that people have a complicated relationship with food.

I WON'T:
    • I won’t use any aspect of our service to promote anorexia, bulimia or any unsafe dieting practices.
    • I won’t promote very low-calorie diets.
    • I won’t diagnose other members.

• Please note: Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low-calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this closed discussion may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.