I have been sooooo hungry lately... HELP!!

Options
2»

Replies

• OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Looks like you're getting good advice but I just want to reiterate that playing around with your meal timings and food choices is a good idea alongside all of this. I want to gnaw my own arm off when I try to do six small meals. I'm much more satisfied with two larger meals and some snacks through the day. I can eat a good meal but if it was low on fat I won't feel satisfied and I'll stay snack-y all night. Other people are the complete opposite and feel more satisfied with carbs or protein or smaller meals and would hate eating the way I do. So it's important to play around and see what you like best.

I agree with this. Since you are already thinking that 6 small meals aren't satisfying for you, worth trying something else, as well as increasing cals. I personally would never be satisfied on a bunch of tiny meals, but really like eating 3 bigger meals.

I can't do the six small meals either - I had to play around with my timings and frequency. I now know for me, first meal has to be nailed with protein, fat and carbs. I eat brunch as my first meal and with the Brit cup of tea, it usually comes in at 500 - 600 calories. I then eat dinner with a treat on the end of it and walk 10k steps a day. If I have an extra nibbly day, I exercise more to offset it at least :). I know I also prefer hot food, I cannot find any protein powder or bar that I like and I like to chew my calories so only drink water and tea (which has a low level of calories but I am not ditching tea for anything or anyone).

Of course this might not work for you ! Playing about with macros, timings, TRE and hydration to your preferences will though am sure.

Oh and filling food suggestions - eggs with toast and spinach, roasted spiced cauliflower (400g bag type thing) with a nice dip, eggs on toast (eggs are filling !), a breakfast wrap, swiss chard cooked in EVOO with tomatoes and onions, soft goats cheese on toast with a slice of prosciuotto on top..... you get the gist :)

Good luck OP ! You got this !
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're getting good advice but I just want to reiterate that playing around with your meal timings and food choices is a good idea alongside all of this. I want to gnaw my own arm off when I try to do six small meals. I'm much more satisfied with two larger meals and some snacks through the day. I can eat a good meal but if it was low on fat I won't feel satisfied and I'll stay snack-y all night. Other people are the complete opposite and feel more satisfied with carbs or protein or smaller meals and would hate eating the way I do. So it's important to play around and see what you like best.

I also agree with this. I was eating pretty much all day long but keeping calories low and was always hungry. I started having some issues with acid stomach so changed to IF 16/8. Because I am eating in a smaller time frame I have begun to eat 2 larger meals and that has made a difference. I also find a higher fat meal seems to satisfy longer and more veggies helps too. If I eat too much refined carb I struggle. You will have to see what works for you though. Good luck.

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    To me, deficit size has a much bigger influence on hunger than meal timing. I can eat lots o snacks or a couple big meals, but neither works well if my deficit is too big. It’s worth it to dial that in first. Best to you!