What are some of the favourite things you own and why?

Options
laprimaJenny
laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
I'm assuming everyone owns at least one thing that they love, whether it is something as simple as a comfy pair of jeans or as expensive as a yacht I'm just interested to see what it is?

Replies

• spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    A crossover bag by LUG.
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    One of my most important possessions would have to be my fridge. Whenever I’m stressed he always knows how to keep his cool. He’s always been a shinning light for me at all times whenever I’m feeling down. Most importanty he gives me his all. What's inside him now will one day be inside me. He satisfies my hunger like no other.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    My truck.
    Because it’s cool 😊
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    I'd say my guitars and my dog, but I think she owns me...

My guitars are the tools I use for music (my first love). My dog? Well, what reason do I need to love her?

64k6risn911k.jpg

Awww!! She’s very adorable 😊💜
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My trusty little vehicle (13 years old and I keep saying I'll buy a new one but it's still going strong).
    My overpriced but overcomfortable mattress.
    My Vitamix.
    Lots of accessories & clothes, most of them from thrift stores and past seasons so they couldn't easily be replaced.
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    On a serious note, a vechile because it brings me to the places I need to go. My home because it provides shelter for my family. My phone becsue it gives me access to information and people in an instant. My dog becsue he provides me with companionship and love.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    A potato. They're super versatile, with all the different things you can do with them.

Yes, I edited my answer to change it to a potato because of probably-poor-judgement
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I don’t know, I typically only buy things I love.

So things I love most.

My bed (it’s like sleeping on clouds)
    My ninja coffee bar (making me friendly one day at a time)
    My Comfy (every lazy, cold person needs one)
    My kindle (read anywhere and books are cheaper)
    My camera (documenting my loved ones)
    My iPhone (keeping in contact with my loved ones)
    Head massager (because it’s the best feeling ever)

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to think what I’d save in a fire other than people and animals and I got nothing.

There isn’t a damn thing I couldn’t cheerfully walk away from right this minute except for maybe indoor plumbing. I’m pretty grateful to have a clean, safe, private place to poop.

• Reckoner67
    Options
    I’m trying to think what I’d save in a fire other than people and animals and I got nothing.

There isn’t a damn thing I couldn’t cheerfully walk away from right this minute except for maybe indoor plumbing. I’m pretty grateful to have a clean, safe, private place to poop.

If I were an artist I would design a clean, UNSAFE, private place to poop and post it on the internet. It would be what is considered to be a normal bathroom but with things like spinning lawnmower blades and live-wires and stuff. Very exciting!!!
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

If I were an artist I would design a clean, UNSAFE, private place to poop and post it on the internet. It would be what is considered to be a normal bathroom but with things like spinning lawnmower blades and live-wires and stuff. Very exciting!!!

It could be my weakness!
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    this thread went to *kitten* fast

My super power is my ever-present elementary-school sense of humor.

Well, my power.

Maybe my greatest weakness?

Probably my greatest weakness.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    A potato. They're super versatile, with all the different things you can do with them.

Yes, I edited my answer to change it to a potato because of probably-poor-judgement

probably ???
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

probably ???

Probably
  • laprimaJenny
    Options

Considering what potato means in Italian dialect, I find this answer extremely funny.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Let's see.....

Some German made, high end, stereo speakers

An autographed Quintin Tarantino movie poster

A couple of Carbon Fiber Road Bikes

Some gear from WWII ( Flags of the fallen, etc. )

( thing is, none of the material gear really matters all that much.)
  • Reckoner67
    edited June 2019
    Options

Considering what potato means in Italian dialect, I find this answer extremely funny.

Now I'm afraid* to look

*racing

ETA: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well, my original answer stands!