What is your "ideal MPF friend" like?

Options
"If you like pina coladas...."

Sometimes I'll add a new friend on MFP and then realize we have very little in common. I love making new friends from all walks of life in general, but I find that I get the most motivation here on MFP from having friends with similar challenges and diets as me. My ideal friend would be:

-age 25-50
-with 20-70 lbs to lose
-someone who shares their food diary! :)
-a fellow pescatarian (or vegetarian) who isn't doing IF or keto (more power to you if you are; it's just not what I'm doing)
-someone who has a small number of friends and interacts with them every day or two
-loves the outdoors: hikes, camps, gets outside

Please add me if we are like-minded!

Again, I hope this doesn't come off as exclusionary; there are just so many people here and I'd love to find some that are a good fit! Who would be your ideal MFP friend?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    someone who tolerates my silliness and doesn't feel compelled to tell me if they unfriend me
  • loralenoxx
    loralenoxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 with 72 pounds to lose. Waaahhh. j2qf39kfthmb.gif
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    loralenoxx wrote: »
    I'm 51 with 72 pounds to lose. Waaahhh. j2qf39kfthmb.gif

Haha!! :p You know what I mean... they're generalizations, not cutoff limits! ;)
  • ErikaGirl1
    ErikaGirl1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    One who’s main reason is to be a support system for why we joined this app, to lose or maintain weight loss or health goals. Secondary to that, ones with a sense of humor and a bonus if your within driving distance of me!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    One who is willing to cheer one another on! I don't care if they eat the same, I like looking at other's diaries for inspiration and find keeping mine open keeps me accountable. I enjoy hearing other's workouts too, it inspires me to do more.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My ideal MFP friend is one that I think about even when they are not in my friends list.

:heart:

My favorite MFP friends are low-maintenance but I know would be there for in heartbeat if I needed them. Those people come in all shapes, sizes, fitness levels, and locations :)

ETA and ages. Because some of y'all aren't as young as you used to be :lol: (neither am I). And some of you are mere babies.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,765 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    My ideal MFP friend is one that I think about even when they are not in my friends list.

:heart:

My favorite MFP friends are low-maintenance but I know would be there for in heartbeat if I needed them. Those people come in all shapes, sizes, fitness levels, and locations :)

ETA and ages. Because some of y'all aren't as young as you used to be :lol: (neither am I). And some of you are mere babies.

All of this <3:drinker: and anyone who understands my insanity :p
  • MrsTitus2
    MrsTitus2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    One who is online regularly . One who is motivated yet chill and can talk about stuff beyond food and fitness. I had a good friend on here but I threw in the towel and when I came back I couldn't find her.