Fitbit, Apple Watch, or Garmin?

Options
Which do you guys prefer for tracking exercise/HR/calories burned, etc. I currently use a Garmin watch. I'm thinking of switching to something more sleek because the Garmin is so chunky on my wrist. Opinions, PLEASEEE!

Replies

• ShannonYazdani
    ShannonYazdani Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought an Apple Watch and I love it because I don’t need to take my phone with me on runs anymore! I can listen to music straight from it. It’s battery life isn’t the best though, mine only lasts an hour when I start a workout .. I think it’s the HR measurements because they’re way more accurate when you start a workout. So when I go for runs I just use strava on my Apple watch
  • ShannonYazdani
    ShannonYazdani Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh by the way I also used to have a Garmin with a chest strap!!
  • coolcoolman1980
    coolcoolman1980 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hijack .. what about the Nokia Steel HR ? I’m looking at that as my tracker is broken now .
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Garmin. Apple is too expensive and does too many things I don't need. The Fitbits that do what I need cannot be worn while swimming and they need charging (plus the battery dies after about 2 years) Garmin does what I need, runs on watch batteries, and can be worn in the water.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Garmin. It's the only one that works. Fitbit and Apple can't talk to power meters, and don't last all day with the GPS on. Also maps without my phone. And really a great deal of stuff that's useful for training.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I can only speak to the Fitbit charge 3. It can be worn in water it does everything I need and when I first had it I loved it. but it developed syncing issues with the fitbit app. I have had a replacement and still have the same issues. This is a common fault that fitbit have yet to resolve.
  • MatthewX1
    MatthewX1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same issue with my Fitbit charge 3
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Garmin. It's the only one that works. Fitbit and Apple can't talk to power meters, and don't last all day with the GPS on. Also maps without my phone. And really a great deal of stuff that's useful for training.

Sorry, too late to edit when I saw this. It's the only one that works for me. Don't want to give anybody heartburn.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I have 2 watches

I have a Skagen Connected Hybrid watch as my daily driver. It's a smart watch (ie app connected) but has a regular watch face instead of a screen. It' uses the dials and hands to indicate alerts, tracks steps and does most of the smart watchy type things without the need for constant charging. In fact no charging just a battery change every 12 months or so.

I also have a Amazefit Stratos as my activity watch. It's the watch I use to track my workouts and is for all intents and purposes the same as a Garmin Vivofit3 Music only without the price tag. Waterproof (but not scuba), GPS, HR, Bluetooth for headphones and HR strap, all the bells and whistles including on board memory for music/running podcasts so I can leave my phone at home.
  • bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I bought an Apple Watch and I love it because I don’t need to take my phone with me on runs anymore! I can listen to music straight from it. It’s battery life isn’t the best though, mine only lasts an hour when I start a workout .. I think it’s the HR measurements because they’re way more accurate when you start a workout. So when I go for runs I just use strava on my Apple watch

Something is wrong with your watch if the workouts drain battery after an hour. I can do least 6 hours of workout (I tested using walk outside mode before anyone gasps in aghast) before battery drains. 1 hour work out and I’d still have least 50% battery by the day’s end for every day activities that’s not a workout. Non workouts days I’d have least 70% battery.