Apple Cider Vinegar

Has anyone tried drinking 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar in 8oz of water before meals to burn fat? If so, did it work and does it give you a feeling of more energy? I keep reading about it and I wanted to see if anyone has tried it.

Replies

• I have never tried it to lose weight, but I used to drink it every morning and I did feel very energized and healthy.
  • Thanks!
  • kathrynvculek
    kathrynvculek Posts: 7 Member
    I've never heard of using it to actually burn fat, but it's definitely a good appetite suppressant. Also, it's a diuretic, so that "fat burn" could be water loss...
  • I've never heard of this theory before.. I just might have to try it, especially if its a diuretic. I retain water like nobody's business. >.<
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    I have been doing it since last April. I take the Natural Factors Apple Cider capsules: http://www.drugstore.com/natural-factors-apple-cider-vinegar-500mg/qxp311607?fromsrch=natural+factors+apple
  • ieuanfw
    ieuanfw Posts: 19
    I too am not sure about weight loss, but my mother drank vinegar and water for over 30 years of her life and lived well into her 90's. When she passed her mind was as clear as when she was in her 50's, and she was not at all over weight ---- So maybe it's good to follow a program using vinegar. I've tried it, but haven't kept it up consistantly, glad for this post-- it might help me get back on track.
    The comment about it being a duretic makes a lot of sense. I'm forcing my self to drink more water this might be the way to flush out all those toxins we injest every day. GOOD POST.
  • Thanks everyone! I especially am interested in the caplets because the taste of the vinegar...blah :sick:
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    From what I've read and talked to health experts, they say that the apple cider vinegar stimulates the metabolism. But, you have to drink the apple cider vinegar with the mother in it, not just the basic clear version. The mother is what helps speed up the metabolism. If you can't drink it in just 8 oz of water, put in a teaspoon of honey and stir.
  • I think it is hard to get it down. I have to plug my nose and have a major gag relex with it for some reason....
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar each morning in juice......I have found that it really curbs my cravings.......I use juice because you can't taste it......

I used to have about 3 teaspoons of sugar in my tea but now I only have one.....

I now have one teaspoon in my tea and three quarters on my morning cereal......When I started MFP, I was having one teaspoon on my cereal and I gradually cutting it back.....

I don't use the normal teaspoons, I use the measuring ones........

I'm not sure if it's doing the stuff that is mentioned here but I'm going to keep taking it just to curb my craving........

My advice is to go try it for a while and see how it affects you.................
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Two questions...how bad does it taste in just water and what is meant by " mother in it"?
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    I'm about to start drinking some in the morning to help with sinus issues. I've heard good things about it.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Two questions...how bad does it taste in just water and what is meant by " mother in it"?

http://askville.amazon.com/raw-organic-apple-cider-vinegar-mother/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=6724125
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member

I dontdrink it on it's on but love it in salad dressings. The mother in it just means it's unfiltered so it still has some particles in it.
  • teachfl2
    teachfl2 Posts: 95 Member
    I would drink it every day first thing in the morning to help with my GI issues and bloating. I bought mine at a health food store with the mother in it. I also put some honey in it. It didn't work for me, but everyone is different!
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    i used to drink it in a bottle of water (2tsp). but at the time i was also breastfeeding and my baby girl stop nursing because she didn't like the taste. so i stopped. i don't know if it actually helped me burn fat.
  • brantsmom1
    brantsmom1 Posts: 10 Member
    I used to drink it every morning for about a year. My trainer recommended it to me, but I never noticed any difference in appetite suppresion, weight loss or energy while taking it. I would just add mine to water but didn't want the added calories of honey or juice so just drank it strait in 6oz of water. I bought mine at GNC.