Disney

Options
2»

Replies

• klovesd84
    klovesd84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    There are also loads of healthy snack options there like fruit salads and spicy pickles. I salivate thinking of Disney pickles. So good.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Ditto what all the nice folks above said.

7 days ago I came back from 3 weeks in southern Spain where I inhaled massive amounts of fried seafood and cold beer. I was not able to weigh myself regularly, to account for any water weight gain, but I think I actually lost weight--because I walked my *kitten* off.

You'll be walking a lot. Carry a water bottle, snack on healthy whole foods that are low calorie and you'll do fine.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    For my 2012 Disney trip, I had just completed a successful weight loss of 12 lbs getting me into my ideal weight zone. I've been to Disney several times before and literally abused myself with food returning with not only a 5lb weight gain but with digestive issues to boot!

For that trip, I just decided that I wouldn't abuse myself but I also wouldn't diet. For that trip, we generally ate cereal in our rooms with the exception of two breakfast buffets. I tried to make my cereal days very healthy (high fiber, no sugar). Other meals were all eaten out.

On the day we did a breakfast buffet, I might skip a full lunch and just get one of the many great snacks. For days when I had lunch, I tried to look for the healthiest option that I still enjoyed. Then, instead of getting one Mickey Ice Cream bar daily, I just got one for the whole trip.

For dinner, I got what I wanted as well as dessert. But if I got full, I pushed it over to my husband.

Back in 2012, Fastpasses were manual so you had to walk to each ride to get them and go back later. If my family was on a ride I didn't want to do, I would walk clear across the park to get more fastpasses and then go back to them. That was on top of the already 7-10 miles average most people walk there. So I did definitely modify over past trips. I noticed at the end of our trip, my denim shorts seemed looser. Got home and had lost 5 lbs.

Now for my 2018 trip (I got the meal plan just to try it), I was not so lucky! I did my own "cupcake crawl" in the parks so that was the frame of mind I was in. Also since fastpasses are on the app now, much less walking. Oh, 6 years had gone by, I have ankle issues and am in menopause. I had a significant gain on this trip after already being heavier.
  • cwal1980
    cwal1980 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a trip to Disney World and wound up losing 3 pounds. I've been to Disney World over 20 times and this is the first time that has ever happened - usually I break even so to say because of all the walking and I don't skimp on the food and drinks. But this time, it was so incredibly hot that all I didn't even want to eat that much and if I did, the heat just made me feel bad. I drank a ton of water and hardly felt hungry. We did a couple of sit down meals (O'hana for breakfast, Hoop Dee Doo Revue for dinner, Via Napoli) and I didn't feel the need to gorge myself just because of the cost of the food - the experience was enough. We ordered groceries and had them delivered to the room, so I had my usual breakfast of Fiber One and yogurt, and we took our own snacks into the parks. Have fun. I recommend sharing food - the portions are huge and it saves money and calories!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy your trip! You'll do lots of walking anyway to cancel a lot of it out. You won't gain 23 lbs in 5 days
  • blackandtandan
    blackandtandan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Disney food has gotten a lot healthier over the times from what it use to be.My wife and I go often.I spent 2 weeks on vacation with Disney and the cruise line and gained 6lbs back.I didnt care what I ate and drank at the time.When I got home I was back on track and lost it rather quickly.Dont worry about it and have fun.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Disney food has gotten a lot healthier over the times from what it use to be.My wife and I go often.I spent 2 weeks on vacation with Disney and the cruise line and gained 6lbs back.I didnt care what I ate and drank at the time.When I got home I was back on track and lost it rather quickly.Dont worry about it and have fun.

This. I go to Disneyland fairly regularly and they have gotten much better about having healthier options available. That said, I HAVE to get a corn dog every time I go because they are delicious.