Intermittent fasting

Options
Anyone doing this?
Do you eat the same amount of calories as you would regularly? In the 8 hours that you get to eat.
Thanks! I started this yesterday

Replies

• jnmurray
    jnmurray Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to do this too but I’m a little confused on how you do it.
  • ciearaswainstondavis
    Options
    I am starting Intermittent Fasting again, however, I am doing 12:12 in order to set myself up for success rather than just jumping back into 16:8. For me, I notice when I just jump into 16:8, I still feel like I could eat all the time. It's a personal preference. I still eat the same amount of calories, regardless of which fasting window I'm utilizing, but I also track my calories just to have an idea of what I'm putting in my body and where I can make modifications.
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am doing 16:8 5-6 days a week and I do like it. It keeps me on schedule. I eat less, I essentially skip a meal. It keeps me from eating all day and snacking at night. For the most part my eating window is roughly 11:30-7:30. Never in my life have I gotten so many compliments on my looks, weight, how fit I look. I do fall off track here and there but I am trying to stick to this. This fasting schedule is the most doable and reasonable for me.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I started 16:8 without noticing or planning it. I was delaying eating until lunch. I realized it really works for me. I'm not strict on it so if I ever need to eat before lunch time I will. *I still track calories

I can't start the day eating breakfast and then stop by say 5pm and eat nothing else before bed. I'd be starving at bedtime. I would have to leave calories for a filling enough snack.
  • JohnPaulEightyOne
    JohnPaulEightyOne Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I fell into 16:8 by accident. My energy levels were now consistent, my appetite was always under control, and I was losing weight at a slightly accelerated rate. I didn't even know what IF was until about a month later. It definitely explained the boost I got in such a short time frame.
  • katebrindley25
    katebrindley25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been doing if for about a year. Lost 1.5 stone but majorly plateaued a few months ago. Shifted my time to either 20/4 or 24 hours fasting. I try and stick to one meal a day.