Workday lunches?

Options
2»

Replies

• metalhead_1982
    metalhead_1982 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't mind eating the same things for a few days, so I will occasionally make a pot of chili and take it for 3 or 4 days in a row. I also make stir fry bowls with lean chicken, veggies, and shirataki noodles. Another favorite is cauliflower burrito bowls. I use 1 whole head of riced cauliflower (about 1 lb), 1 lb of chicken breast, 1 can of Rotel Tomatoes and Chiles, 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed), a packet of taco seasoning, and a handful of frozen sliced peppers and onions. Cook it all up and split it into about 5 portions. It makes 5 large and satisfying lunches for me at about 350 or so calories each.
  • wkimbell0
    wkimbell0 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually have a grilled shrimp salad. I also include lots of spinach.
  • galvaomaria49
    galvaomaria49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    On certain days it's salad with portuguese tuna from the can or ocotupus. It feels me up till dinner around 6pm.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Not a favorite but easy: chicken and broccoli
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I tend to opt for convenience. Sometimes I’ll just take a few boiled eggs and a can of v8. The only preparation needed is boiling a big pot of eggs on the weekend.
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been taking homemade party plates as of lately! Whole wheat crackers, laughing cow cheese wedges, sliced turkey, salami and ham, bell peppers and cherry tomatos. Lindt dark choc squares for dessert :)
  • smithker75
    smithker75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I most often have leftovers for lunch. I already cook for a largish family so another serving is easy to factor.
    Otherwise, I make a salad with some form of protein (usually chicken breast). I often roast a batch of pumpkin at the start of the week which I use in salads and my weekly 'brekkie bake'. Occasionally I'll have a fresh or toasted sandwich.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I batch-cook something delicious on Sunday. Taco filling, chili, bbq chicken, meatballs, turkey burgers with a side...This week I found a one-pot recipe for creamy Cajun chicken pasta, and it’s been the best week of lunches ever.

Could you share that recipe please? Exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for!
    @Caz_Campbell
    https://www.budgetbytes.com/one-pot-creamy-cajun-chicken-pasta/ here it is!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Chicken and rice. Every day
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I Do 16:8 IF so I skip breakfast and my first meal of the day is somtime between 11:30 and 12. I tend to bring the same foods because they are easy to make, healthy, and satisfying.

My first meal is a banana ( or 6 strawberries), and in a plastic microwaveable bowl I mix in 1 egg, 6 egg whites and 1 turkey sausage patty. I then eat 2 more times before I go home. Go to them gym then eat dinner around 630.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    Ah see I tend to cook dinner up in double and have it two days in a row, which takes over the leftovers option! That's what I used to do but how that I work later, I need the quick option for dinner.

I was thinking I might on my day off on a Monday, make up a batch of something for the week. Itll be a bit boring but just have the same thing for lunch and change it each week. Pasta and salad dishes are usually my go to but want to find some new recipes so thanks for all the replies.

When I worked in an office, I'd spend a few hours on Sunday and make 4 lunches and 4 dinners, and 5 hardboiled eggs for snacks for the whole work week.

On Fridays I would get takeout for lunch, eat half, and have the other half for dinner.
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Its garden season, so salads for days!! Usually with a hard boiled egg or tuna or a turkey sausage.
    In the winter, homemade soups.
    And on thursdays the Fish taco truck comes to work, so that's my fun lunch day.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I batch-cook something delicious on Sunday. Taco filling, chili, bbq chicken, meatballs, turkey burgers with a side...This week I found a one-pot recipe for creamy Cajun chicken pasta, and it’s been the best week of lunches ever.

@Caz_Campbell

@gallicinvasion that looks really good, thanks!

How are the leftovers? For some creamy pasta dishes too much of the sauce gets absorbed after refrigeration.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    I take 200g of defrosted frozen veg and some leftover protein from the night before.
  • gallicinvasion
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

@Caz_Campbell

@gallicinvasion that looks really good, thanks!

How are the leftovers? For some creamy pasta dishes too much of the sauce gets absorbed after refrigeration.

I made it on Sunday and had it every day that week. Every lunch was just as good as the first! It stayed saucy; there’s a fair amount of liquid when you’re cooking. Maybe the cream cheese keeps it from absorbing?
  • kshama2001
    Options

@Caz_Campbell

Made this tonight - we both liked it! My OH had two HUGE helpings. I used tomato sauce instead of canned tomatoes and it was super saucy, which will be good for the leftovers, as refrigerated pasta tends to soak up a lot of sauce. Thanks for the recipe!
  • gallicinvasion
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

@Caz_Campbell

Made this tonight - we both liked it! My OH had two HUGE helpings. I used tomato sauce instead of canned tomatoes and it was super saucy, which will be good for the leftovers, as refrigerated pasta tends to soak up a lot of sauce. Thanks for the recipe!

@kshama2001 so glad you liked it!!
  • jensza
    jensza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a shake. I need my lunches to be quick and easy but also nutritious. Works well for my busy lifestyle.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    two boiled eggs, raw veggies (which I fully enjoy), two laughing cow wedges, home made protein bar

Sometimes i have soup (butternut squash curried quinoa soup) instead of eggs (mostly in winter). Or a home made quinoa salad.

weekends I have called tuna and a few crackers, veggies, jello-o pudding cup
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Today it's cold quinoa with black beans, corn, and roasted broccoli (last week was the same but with sweet potato instead of broccoli), raw veggies and grapes. It's easy to make on Sunday and portion out for the week.