Any video gamers?

JohnPaulEightyOne
JohnPaulEightyOne Posts: 127 Member
I'm a big fan. Have been ever since I was a kid. Old stuff, new stuff, and MOST things in between (first gen 3D stuff is awful to me). Favorite games (in no particular order) are Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Castlevania, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Bloodborne, Dark Souls (1 and 3), Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and the Mass Effect Trilogy.

What do you guys like?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Wizards 101!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Bloodborne is my personal favorite, but out of Dark Souls 1-3 i actually prefer DS2 more than any other.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Love Castlevania (especially SOTN), Turtles in Time, Fallout (especially New Vegas), and Mass Effect. Also a big fan of Horizon Zero Dawn and Elder Scrolls. I'll always have a special place in my heart for the classic Mega Man games.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    OMG I haven't thought of Castlevania in years! Love that game! I'm hooked on Elder Scrolls Online. I've been playing the Elder Scrolls series since Morrowind (the original). Dragon Age series isn't bad either, but I think they stopped making them. Mario Kart is obviously a classic and I certainly can't leave it out!
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    OMG yes =)

Favorite series are: Harvest Moon/Rune Factory (and of course Stardew Valley), "Tales of ...", and the new Atlier games (with no time limit on plot).

Mostly play jrpgs, time management/sim, etc. Have also played MMOs in the past, but losing time to dedicate to games with no ending. Recently put down FF14 so I could dedicate my limited free time to other games.

Currently playing: Rune Factory 2, Grim Dawn, Sonic racers (the latest one), and a picross game on switch.
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    I am NOT a gamer, but, I do mplat fortnite maily with the kids. I am not very good. But, would love to get a dedicated squad together. I play on mobile. So, if anyone is interested let me know.
  • Lenala13
    Lenala13 Posts: 152 Member
    Love my Final Fantasy games. VIII is my favorite. Playing XIV right now and excited for the new expansion!
  • JohnPaulEightyOne
    iMago wrote: »
    Bloodborne is my personal favorite, but out of Dark Souls 1-3 i actually prefer DS2 more than any other.

I have a feeling if Dark Souls 2 wasn't named Dark Souls I would have enjoyed it much more
  • iMago

I have a feeling if Dark Souls 2 wasn't named Dark Souls I would have enjoyed it much more

i'll give them credit where its due, they tried to take the game and story to somewhere new, even if it wasn't entirely successful. whereas ds3 just felt like a remake of part 1 to me for the most part.

plus part 2 had the best fashion and weapons. its the only one i could dress like a butterfly while wielding a giant twinblade as a weapon.
  • JohnPaulEightyOne
    Dress like a butterfly???

I might have to give this one another go...
  • iMago
    Dress like a butterfly???

I might have to give this one another go...

yeah i think it's in NG+ but you can visit the guy who sells armor in Majula and he sells a "butterfly set" that offers absolutely no protection whatsoever, but it constantly poisons anybody near you and also changes your jump and roll animation to a little floating animation instead. it's hilariously awesome.

3e1ho1go97w9.png
  • Beccalouise09
    Beccalouise09 Posts: 128 Member
    edited June 2019
    My whole time favourite games I cannot get enough of are listed below and all of these I ace at winning:

Need For Speed PS2
    Dead or Alive 3DS game and the PS1 version.
    Harvest Moon 3DS game; Grand Bazaar and Lost Valley.
    Tetris 3DS
    Yugioh Dungeon Dice Monsters Gameboy Advance game (Beaten Yugi Motou, Yami Yugi and all the top best duellists over ten times, kahahahaha! Who is the... Mistress of dice games? It be I, Rebecca! >:) )
    Burnout PS2 games; all of them I ace at!
    Pokemon; I have all the top best pokemon and got every game.
    Transformers Prime; beaten Optimus ten times playing as Megatron and Starscream >:)
    Yugioh online; just like the dungeon dice game I have got, beaten all the best.
    Gran Turismo PS1
    Brain Train 3DS
    Bomberman
    Sonic the Hedgehog Classic game version

Let's just say I was brought up around Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, transformers, tetris, Zelda, Bomberman, and all of the classics. My wholetime favourite as a kid was Sonic on the Nintendo 64.
  • Beccalouise09
    Beccalouise09 Posts: 128 Member
    emmies_123 wrote: »
    OMG yes =)

Favorite series are: Harvest Moon/Rune Factory (and of course Stardew Valley), "Tales of ...", and the new Atlier games (with no time limit on plot).

Mostly play jrpgs, time management/sim, etc. Have also played MMOs in the past, but losing time to dedicate to games with no ending. Recently put down FF14 so I could dedicate my limited free time to other games.

Currently playing: Rune Factory 2, Grim Dawn, Sonic racers (the latest one), and a picross game on switch.

Harvest Moon is one of my favourites too, I first played it when the gameboy version was out :)
  • JohnPaulEightyOne
    yeah i think it's in NG+ but you can visit the guy who sells armor in Majula and he sells a "butterfly set" that offers absolutely no protection whatsoever, but it constantly poisons anybody near you and also changes your jump and roll animation to a little floating animation instead. it's hilariously awesome.

3e1ho1go97w9.png

Oh wow, that looks great! 😂

• AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    edited June 2019
    Oblivion and all 3 Ezio Assasin's Creed games
  • The14ThBerserker
    The14ThBerserker Posts: 2 Member
    Favorite style of gaming is text-based RPG’s been playing dragonrealms for over 15 years. Besides that, binding of Isaac and fallout 4.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    as long as it isnt the fitbit or MFP interface I will play!