What’s the latest act of kindness you’ve experienced?

Options
Muddyboots85
Muddyboots85 Posts: 164 Member
edited June 2019 in Chit-Chat
Given or received, acts of kindness rarely go unnoticed. I normally Don't talk about things I do for someone else, but I doubt it would hurt the world to hear about some of them.

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I've got nuthin'.
  • askeeney
    askeeney Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I ran a race recently and almost cried from disappointment crossing the finish line. However, a few friends have been very supportive and it means the world to me.
  • Muddyboots85
    edited June 2019
    Options
    askeeney wrote: »
    I ran a race recently and almost cried from disappointment crossing the finish line. However, a few friends have been very supportive and it means the world to me.

Did you not place as high as you hoped, is that why you were disappointed? Depending on the race you ran, crossing the finish line in its self is a feat. Head up!
  • Muddyboots85
    edited June 2019
    Options
    The friends that supported me through the worst parts of my depression. I have very few of them left and they mean the world to me.

I feel strange talking about the things I do, though. Not sure why. Suffice it to say that I'm a firm believer in "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Guys this isn’t my just my thread it’s all of our thread. Many of you have more experience in life than I, you also know things I can use. Please Don’t hold back dropping some advice in now and then.

I appreciate your ability to say that out loud not many would. Sometimes we don’t realize the friends that we have until things get bad. Those that ride it out with you and help lead you through it mean the world to me to. So many people have good hearts but are afraid to use them.
  • Muddyboots85
    Options
    Moon_Stone wrote: »
    It was a small gesture and it made my day. I was in a shop and there was a gentleman that had quite a few items ahead of me. He took a peak at my two items and let me go ahead of him. We chatted and it was just a really nice exchange. So, today I was in a shop and I looked behind me and did the same for a lady that looked like she was in a hurry with only two items. No big deal, but it was nice.

All Smiles!
  • Phoenixsunflr
    Phoenixsunflr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    this guy took the weights off for me at the gym. that was really nice :smile:
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Today I had friend that cheered me up by simply listening to me complain about things that are beyond my control.
  • Muddyboots85
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Today I had friend that cheered me up by simply listening to me complain about things that are beyond my control.

That’s what I think about that one
  • Muddyboots85
    Options

That’s what I think about that one

jpxeja13lvpm.jpeg
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Handsome!
    A lady that owns the shop near work gave me the longest hug ever when I started crying when I told her we lost just about everything in our home in the flood in February. She's lovely.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    That might should tell you a little something.. I have fallen short lately myself.

just remember, no good deed goes unpunished.....
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went out for dinner Saturday night at a local place and we were laughing really hard about something while waiting for our food. There was an older couple at the next booth and I saw the husband glance at us twice so I apologized for being loud. He chuckled and winked. His wife leaned around the booth and said, "Honey we are here to have fun too, don't you apologize!" and we all just smiled.

When it came time for the check, the older couple was long gone and they had paid for our meal! So we paid it forward by buying the dinner of two college-aged girls on the other side of us. Made for a nice evening all around!
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I was at a festival this weekend, and I was stopped in some shade for a few minutes. A girl walked by and then came back and put her hand on my shoulder and said, You are really pretty and I just hope you know that! I smiled about that the rest of the day.

Sometimes I set my garbage bag outside my apartment door until I go out later, and one of my neighbors takes it to the dumpster for me every once in a while.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I was at a festival this weekend, and I was stopped in some shade for a few minutes. A girl walked by and then came back and put her hand on my shoulder and said, You are really pretty and I just hope you know that! I smiled about that the rest of the day.

Sometimes I set my garbage bag outside my apartment door until I go out later, and one of my neighbors takes it to the dumpster for me every once in a while.

This week at the gym, a pretty young lady approached me and said:

" You look Great! "

I then replied to her:

" Is that right? ..... So, how long have they been serving adult beverages at the gym's smoothie bar ?? "
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I spent hours on the phone with @Motorsheen last night finally getting his fitbit to sync.

Turns out if get really angry and throw it into a lake it doesn't have any problems syncing.
  • Muddyboots85
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I spent hours on the phone with @Motorsheen last night finally getting his fitbit to sync.

Turns out if get really angry and throw it into a lake it doesn't have any problems syncing.

Nice!
    I forgot my passcode to my apple watch and can’t get back into it. As much as I love spending hours talking to apple CS I don’t want to
  • Muddyboots85
    Options
    Good stories y’all.

This one was from around Christmas. I stopped on the side of the interstate and changed a ladies flat tire for her. I rambled on with her in conversation as I was laying on the shoulder. When I was done she had what looked like a few dollar bills rolled up in her hand and then she said “this is all I have please take it, it’s Christmas.” I said “exactly give that to someone In need and I’ll just take a hug” random stranger broke out in tears and hugged me. Was a great day