Looking for weight loss twin

Options
Hi - I'm 5'5, upper 160s, looking for a weight loss twin trying to reach the mid 140s (or even lower). Would love to have a virtual friend on a similar weight loss/healthy eating lifestyle journey!

Replies

• bookstitch
    bookstitch Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' upper 180s -- not quite twin but close! Looking at the same goals. Message me if you want to connect!
  • juliakhanna3
    juliakhanna3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yay, I'll reach out, thanks!
  • ForAFitFuture2017
    ForAFitFuture2017 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here! Im currently 160, down from 215, and my goal is 140. Feel free to reach out if you want!
  • Freedom1862
    Freedom1862 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I will send you a request. I am 5'6" 175 (got down to 162 last July and gained it all back Grrrrr) my goal weight is 145 (or a lil less)
  • JusDiana
    JusDiana Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 5'5.5" (almost 5'6"). I started in December at 165. I'm currently hovering at the 132lb mark but I'm trying to lose another 5-10lbs and tone up. (At this point I'd be happy with maintenance as well).
    Feel free to add me!
  • kmalik5
    kmalik5 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm 5'3", lower 160s trying to reach mid 130s, so somewhat similar if you want to add me!
  • EmmaRunSmile
    EmmaRunSmile Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all - 120lbs which is isn’t normal for me. I’m looking to shed about 110lbs with cardio and healthier eating. Main issue here is not enough veg and lean protein and fruit and definitely not enough cardio or exercise in general. Looking for someone to do cardio or fat burn with virtually 3 times a week and hold accountable for late night smoothies and snacks
  • juliakhanna3
    Options
    JusDiana wrote: »
    Hi :) I'm 5'5.5" (almost 5'6"). I started in December at 165. I'm currently hovering at the 132lb mark but I'm trying to lose another 5-10lbs and tone up. (At this point I'd be happy with maintenance as well).
    Feel free to add me!

Wow!!! How did you do it? Very, very impressive.
  • JusDiana
    JusDiana Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    JusDiana wrote: »
    Feel free to add me!

Wow!!! How did you do it? Very, very impressive.

MFP has been key...I think I'm on day 150 of logging. :smile:
    • Food scale and log everything
    • If I'm not at home and don't have my food scale I "overlog" by like 10-20% to be safe- prepackaged food I've found tends to weigh more then the wrappers say
    • I didn't exercise at all for the first 20-25 lb weight loss (in the past I tended to go overboard when I tried to shed lbs... workout like crazy, only eat lean protein and veggies... I'd see a huge drop, last a few weeks and be mentally and physically exhausted and give up and gain it all back... so this January I decided to give it a good go to get my eating under control. In my head I said I'd give myself until June when the weather where I live finally gets nice, if my eating hadn't worked I'd look into getting a personal trainer- or seeing a nutritionist or getting some real help (or give up and overeat all summer)- I also told my husband I wasn't even thinking about exercise until June. I didn't want to go overboard and quit. The weight came off quickly when I didn't cheat and logged everything- even if it put me over my calories. The first month was the hardest and then it just became routine, so I had energy and as my weight loss slowed as I approached my goal weight I wanted to help keep it up so I started exercising (I still need to do a ton of work to tone and get leaner) - I am soooo far from having any clue what is the best way to do that haha
    • I log my weight in a trending app almost daily - just to make sure I keep myself accountable and I hate seeing it go up, so it's nice to know the overall trend is going in the right direction
    • A few times I tried to do the 1200 cal but found it hard - some days I do, most days I'm closer to 1400cal now. I tried a few websites and didn't just take mfp's calculations as accurate
    • NEAT exercises I swear by, once I hit that 20-25 lb and started to feel better (around the 140-145 mark) I started parking further away in parking lots, drinking my water and using the furthest bathroom from my desk, sweeping the floor at home nightly even if it didn't need it, adding squats in when I washed my hands, or was folding laundry, if I have to go up or down the stairs I'll do it twice in a row instead of once, those little things really add up over a day/week/month :smile:
    • I eat back 1/2 my exercise calories now - mainly because I have no idea how accurate they are?!?
    • And I found the threads great - they keep me motivated and provide lots of information
    • Oh and I don't deprive myself, if you check my diary I have chocolate every day - It's an addiction lol
  • juliakhanna3
    edited June 2019
    Options
    These are REALLY good tips. Thanks for sharing. Right off the bat, I think what I need to do is get a food scale and be sure I'm not undercounting. I think sometimes I'm undercounting calories so that I don't see my calories exceed my goals. I also have days where I eat back my exercise calories. I like what you said - eat back 1/2.
  • Jams29
    Jams29 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'6" and currently in lower 160's/high 150's. Ultimate goal is 135! Let's be friends!
  • sheilaldiaz
    sheilaldiaz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 I was 175 and Im 152, Im so happy😁 my goal is to be around 135-140, Im doing the Intermittent fasting 16/8, I just started on tuesday ,1200 calories a day, I think its working, I was 155 on monday june 3rd.

At noon I eat peanut butter and banana sandwich
    Between 3-4pm 4oz salmon with brocoli ,cucumber,half avocado,
    Snack greek yogurt with blueberries
    Later like arounf 7-7:30 3 eggwhites with mix greens/spinach
    And a glass of coconut milk, I think thats okay.😁😀
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Can i be friends with all of you?!??!

I'm 5' 3"
    SW: 179
    CW: 152
    GW: 135-140

I'm on the shorter side but otherwise relatively close in goals!
  • amwa85
    amwa85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking for similar motivation!

I’m 5’4”, currently 147, was down to 139, but gained a few pounds during the spring. Want to get down to about 125. Was doing really well logging then got lazy about the same time I got lazy about getting up in the morning and going to the gym.
    Hi! I will send you a request. I am 5'6" 175 (got down to 162 last July and gained it all back Grrrrr) my goal weight is 145 (or a lil less)

• shelleyrlee
    shelleyrlee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @sheilaldiaz;c-43819546"]I'm 5'5 I was 175 and Im 152, Im so happy😁 my goal is to be around 135-140, Im doing the Intermittent fasting 16/8, I just started on tuesday ,1200 calories a day, I think its working, I was 155 on Monday ...”

I am 5’6” 148 and working to get to 135. I eat in the 1200 range daily now, cleaning up my diet (wine counts as clean...:) I’m still losing. I run some, yoga more, bike a descent amount and walk a lot.