The Diamond Challenge: Round 5: Wk 1 - Little Diamond's

Options

Replies

• lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: Friday

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I am actually doing exactly what I said I wanted to do in the ninth grade. I am a CPA. In ninth grade, I didn't even really know what a CPA was but that's what I said I wanted to be. I don't regret my decision at all. My career choice plays to my strengths, and there are so many different opportunities. I started off my career in public accounting as an external auditor and when the 80 hour weeks and constant travel got to be too much, I changed to a job in industry.

I always thought I would be a mom someday, and I am, although just not exactly what I thought. I have two black labrador retrievers, and they are my children. I married my high school sweetheart but that didn't work out so no human children thus far. Maybe someday, but I am content with things how they are. I got through my divorce, own my own home with a large yard for the pups, have a great job, and the support of all of my family and friends. So I guess it's not too bad being "grown up." :wink:
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options

1. A runner.... You know, the ones with the day glow gear
    2. A mountain climber
    3. A chocolate hater

Ok, that third one isn't realistic, just a pipe dream really

I would like to be a professional photographer when I grow up too.
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options

I used to be a single working mother. Now I'm a stay at home mom. My hubby wants to open his own restaurant when he retires in 3 years...so I'd like to be a business owner when I grow up. I haven't gone to college o I'd like to be a college graduate.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options

I want to be a mother...that in one of the main reasons that I am on this weight loss journey :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou:

Being a mother is one of my wants as well! Something else I want to be when I grow up is an Early Education Teacher; however, that is not likely to happen considering I am already 35 - I am currently going to school for an Associate's in Criminal Justice (only because it is taking too long to go for my Bachelor's...LOL). As I stated, I want to be a mom and if I intend on making that happen I have to start focusing on family matters :wink:

SIDE NOTE: I have decided to step up and lead a team ~ Shining Diamonds will begin the challenge on Monday and I hope I don't let my team down (here or there :wink: ). You all ROCK and I am ready for the challenge of leading a team and participating with the Little Diamonds! With that said, please forgive me if I overlook responding to a QOTD as I get prepared to lead the Shining Diamonds :happy: ! If you would like, you can add shiningdiamonds to your list friends and once we get rolling you will be able to add members from the team :wink:
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Oh boy - when I was 12 I wanted nothing more than to be a rock star... While I like my current job - doing project management with a company that supports people with disabilities, my dream would be to get back to basics and get closer to the day to day operations again (closer to client base) and less involved with the paperwork, business planning, etc. it would be even better if it were a company I owned!
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options

I want to be a mother...that in one of the main reasons that I am on this weight loss journey flowerforyou
    flowerforyou

Right now, I am doing what I would like. I am currently a stay at home mom and licensed daycare provider. I love watching the children interact and learn from each other (also from me too!)

I would also like to pursue photography more...right now that is kind of a side job..play around type of thing!
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the Shining Diamonds Angie, and remember it's never to late for you to do what you want. My mum went back to train as a teacher at the age of 40 and she is loving it!!

I would love to be married with kids when I grow up. I have always had really bad luck with relationships and would love to meet someone, settle down and start a family. It is only recently I have started to feel this way. I have always been very happy being on my own but I think the dawning of my 30's has lit a fire under me to get healthy and settle down.
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

You mean I HAVE to grow up??? LOL!

Well, honestly, this question is much harder to answer as you get older - I am forever taking courses and learning new things. Last year, I finished my CFA (Financial Analyst) - and promised my hubby now more BIG courses for a bit. I am now 41, married with 3 boys, and can honestly say have the life I always wanted. Right now, my only wish is to be healthy....but who knows?
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: Friday - What do you want to be when you grow up?

I recently (1.5 yrs ago) left the social services/ mental health counseling field after many years to be a stay at home mom. And that is what I want to be. I would also love to own a children's boutique.
  • hwilliams519
    Options

I have a degree in Interior Design and would love to actually have an interior design job. But my current creative outlet is making jewelry. I would love to own my own business someday. I do actually have a business license and do sell me jewelry. But it's just very small scale right now. Hopefully one day it will be a big business. And hopefully I will be able to get back into interior design once the industry and economy are better.

I have been thinking of back up choics just in case. I've thought about going back to school for either a business or an education degree. So I will just have to wait and see what the future holds for me.

I'm hoping to be a mother too. My husband and I have officially decided to start trying in Spring / Summer of next year. I also want to be a runner and be healthy.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options

Well, I don't really want to grow up, but my kids keep telling me that I have to....hmmm....I've always wanted to be a physicist! I am in the biopharmaceutical field, dealing with infectious diseases, which can be quite boring.
    One of my favorite TV shows is Through the Wormhole, and I get really excited when they get into quantum entanglement, dark matter, the hadron collider, black holes, the God particle, etc...

Felicia
  • cassiejoyy
    Options

I want to be happy! & I'm hoping to someday own my own cupcakery! I love, love, love making cupcakes for other people. You can go look at some of the cupcakes I've made here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cassiejoy-/ if you want too! (:

Hope all is going well for everyone!
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That is a hard question. I think I might want to be a social worker. I really want to be healthy, happy, and confident as well. I feel that each year I get older, growing up seems to move further away. Like the imaginary age of being a grown up is moving away from me and I am not reaching it. Maybe once I have kids or really settled I will see myself as a grown up.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options

Well, as for work... I'm a bartender and happy being one. I liked to own a bar maybe or a restaraunt but i'm pretty content with what I do. I love being able to make new friends daily and get paid for it! I get to hear so many crazy and wonderful stories as a bartender and people come to me when they are feeling down and need advise or have a great day and need to celebrate.

Apart from work... when I grow up I just want to be happy, healthy, and stable. Can't really ask for anything more :drinker:
  • stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What I want to be when I grow up - I'm thinking a doula. I love the amazing experience of giving birth. I would love to go to work each day and witness miracles!!!
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day Friday: What do you want to be when you grow up?

Well, I don't ever intend on growing up, but when I grow older, I want to work with animals. It's always been my lifelong goal, and I'm almost there. I'm finishing up my Masters in Zoology, and I hope to get a position doing research work with marine mammals. I also want to be one of those kick-*kitten* 60 year olds who is still running, climbing, and showing the young-ones how it's done.

Also, congrats Angie on leading one of the new diamond teams. They're lucky to have you :)
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options

Well I've always wanted to be a mom and I am to my 2 daughters. I would love to go back to school though and finish college, always wanted to be a teacher, so maybe in a few years that'll be possible to get back to school!
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    QOTD - Friday: What do you want to be when you grow up?

I want to be a psychologist. I want to help people face their issues and learn to live life. I want to go out and make a difference in at least one person's life. Preferably I would like to work in a program that helps underprivileged youth :)
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    QOTD: Friday: What do you want to be when you grow up?

I always dreamed of being a motivational speaker. It might sound silly to some people, but I love to boost morale and give encouragement. There is nothing like seeing a woman who has been beat down all her life lose the low self esteem and undertake a whole new perspective and start caring about herself and loving herself and reaching her goals! This is something I have been able to do in my job and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    Happy Friday Diamonds! If you feel confident in doing so, please quote the Question of the Day (and JUST the question) in your reply:

I want to be a mommy, and Physician Assistant. I want to be a woman of intergrity, determination, great character and great strength.