Lunch

Options
So, do you like how I'm spinning off of my own thread?:laugh:

What are you eating for lunch these days? I just love getting new ideas to try:smile:

Replies

• Teach381
    Options
    So, do you like how I'm spinning off of my own thread?:laugh:

What are you eating for lunch these days? I just love getting new ideas to try:smile:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I will disappoint you, i'm afraid....1 small banana, 10 strawberries, 1 slice whole wheat toast with marmalade and a gingersnap cookie. I'm a quick fix kinda girl. I despise cooking, so I look for easy fixes.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Today we went to La Madeline
    I had 1/2 a turkey sandwich w/tomatoes and lettuce
    a cup of veggie soup
    and 2 big glasses of water!
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    This was going to be my breakfast but I was just not hungry enough this morning so I waited till lunch to make it.

pan toasted ( or whatever its called ) endive and raddiccio salad with 2 peices of bacon and one oz goat chese crumbled on top and dressing made with dijon mustard and some of the bacon drippings.

I found the recipie a few days ago but its not as good as I had hoped. I dont think I like raddiccio.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I had Starbuck's Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich and a 20 oz. Diet Coke.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    2 slices of Milton's whole-grain plus bread with 1 tbsp light mayo, 1 serving honey ham and sliced tomato.

Baked blue corn tortilla chips with peach salsa.

Water
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    caesar salad (light dressing) with sea scallops. and water. :drinker:
  • Teach381
    Options
    This was going to be my breakfast but I was just not hungry enough this morning so I waited till lunch to make it.

pan toasted ( or whatever its called ) endive and raddiccio salad with 2 peices of bacon and one oz goat chese crumbled on top and dressing made with dijon mustard and some of the bacon drippings.

I found the recipie a few days ago but its not as good as I had hoped. I dont think I like raddiccio.

That DOES sound really good, but I don't think I like raddiccio either:laugh:
  • uscm91
    uscm91 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I rarely get a break for lunch...(I drive for UPS so its always go go go go go)...my usual lunch consists of either a tuna pouch and raw carrots, or a protein shake that I take and mix in my truck..haha. Either way, I still get my amount of proteins and other goodies I need.

Derek
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    2 slices of Milton's whole-grain plus bread with 1 tbsp light mayo, 1 serving honey ham and sliced tomato.

Baked blue corn tortilla chips with peach salsa.

Water

peach salsa! Holy jeez that sounds good- is it spicy like salsa or is it just chopped up peaches? omg curiosity is killing me-
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad made with 1 pound chicken breast(can use canned if you like), 1/4 cup lite mayo and about 1/4 cup broth (or juice from canned chicken), and a bag of cooked mixed veggies. Mix all together and season with pepper and garlic and onion powders. It is great on corn tostadas or whole grain crackers.
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    we have a great salad bar at work--a huge pile of lettuce greens, 2 tbsp of kidney beans, one tablespoon chick peas, one tbsp dried cranberries, one hard boiled egg, alfalfa sprouts, mushrooms and 2 tbsp raspberry vinaigrette--and a diet coke
    hey I'm not perfect!!!

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • fit4lyfe
    Options
    for lunch it really depends, sometimes I have a sandwhich, somedays a soup and fruit.. but I have been really getting into portabella veggie burgers and they are soo good. I have them on a wheat roll with spinach and onions and light cheese and mustard and they only have 90 calories in one.. they are amazing

www.fit4lyfe.webs.com
  • purplepanda
    purplepanda Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I cooked some salmon up over the weekend (cooked in a skillet with a trace of olive oil, salt and pepper) and this week I'm putting this cold on a ciabatta style roll with a slice of light provolone for a sandwich. Then I add a couple strawberries, kiwi, and some low fat chips to complete the meal.