NO MORE LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Okay- I messed this up as I logged in on the thread for May 31, so I have an extra day posted in above replies, Laugh.

Corrected Stats>
    JUNE
    ME: 4
    LNS: 2
    Streak 2
  • moemoe63
    moemoe63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on board for this. I find while watching my shows at night I can't stop eating and those food commercials sure don't help. I am new with this message board I only log in my food and that's it. Time to try something new. thanks. Wish me luck tonight.
  • bugglover
    bugglover Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My nemesis... late eating midnight snacking... I’m going for it no snacks just water.

I’m a counselor so I have found I will stress eat !
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
    Streak: 2
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    Me: 5
    LNS: 0
  • 04hoopsgal73
    Options
    ME 5
    LNS 3
    streak over-- caved for no good reason except that I was relaxed. But this morning I overslept and eating breakfast wasn’t fun, soooooooooo my body is saying Noooooo to LNS.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    I too tend to sabotage myself at night. Start my day with exercise, eat well and track at night; then the voices that I hear talk me into eating. I'm getting a longer stronger to say NO! Kitchen is closed!!

This past week I put the t-shirt I want to fit into this fall for football season on a hanger across my bed. So, when I get ready for bed I have to move it. I then say to myself.... I DO WANT TO wear this!! And that helps more nights than not. I'm trying to figure out what I can put in the kitchen as a"sign" that will signify that I'm done for the night. I have learned that even if I have calories left, eating after dinner does NOT work for me. It is a huge trigger. So having a little larger dinner does the trick, instead.

April-
    ME: 22
    lns: 8

May-
    lns: 9

Oh I am so thrilled to have a fresh start! :) And I'm eager to have more than 22 days ME!
    June 1 -
    ME: 1
    lns*:0
    Streak: 1

*mentally I am putting ME in caps to give me the power and "lns" in lowercase to take it's power away. May seem silly, but whatever I can do to give me the strength. :)

ME: 2
    lbs: 0

Mon., June 3rd
    ME: 3
    Streak: 3

lns: 2
    Longest Streak:3

Ouch!! I am hoping tonight goes better.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Me: 6*
    LNS: 0
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    June 6

Me: 4
    LNS: 2*

Streak: 0
  • Hope_bay74
    Options
    Me: 3
  • Tolamarie
    Options
    Me 6
    LNS 0
  • johicks
    Options
    I too tend to sabotage myself at night. Start my day with exercise, eat well and track at night; then the voices that I hear talk me into eating. I'm getting a longer stronger to say NO! Kitchen is closed!!

This past week I put the t-shirt I want to fit into this fall for football season on a hanger across my bed. So, when I get ready for bed I have to move it. I then say to myself.... I DO WANT TO wear this!! And that helps more nights than not. I'm trying to figure out what I can put in the kitchen as a"sign" that will signify that I'm done for the night. I have learned that even if I have calories left, eating after dinner does NOT work for me. It is a huge trigger. So having a little larger dinner does the trick, instead.

April-

May-

Oh I am so thrilled to have a fresh start! :) And I'm eager to have more than 22 days ME!
    June 1 -

*mentally I am putting ME in caps to give me the power and "lns" in lowercase to take it's power away. May seem silly, but whatever I can do to give me the strength. :)

Mon., June 3rd

Back in control.
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Me6
    Lns0
  • 04hoopsgal73
    Options
    ME6
    LNS4
    Ugh----looking to turn this forward this weekend!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,948 Member
    Options

Streak: +2
  • johicks
    Options

April-

May-

June 1 -

Mon., June 3rd

Back in control.

Lights out soon so should make it!! In control!
    ME: 5
  • polatravels
    polatravels Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group? I have a terrible time with late night snacking. I eat healthy all day etc, but then binge late at night. This is my first ever post in the forums, but I need to ask for help.

Not sure, but likely the month so far would look like this:

Me:2
    LNS: 5

I think @johicks had the right idea with the t-shirt. I would love to hear any other ideas on how you all stop yourself from snacking.
  • Hope_bay74
    Options
    Streak: 4
  • Tolamarie
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Me: 6
    LNS: 1*
    Is it too late to join this group? I have a terrible time with late night snacking. I eat healthy all day etc, but then binge late at night. This is my first ever post in the forums, but I need to ask for help.

I think @johicks had the right idea with the t-shirt. I would love to hear any other ideas on how you all stop yourself from snacking.

You can join anytime. I've had a problem with LNS almost my entire life and what works for me for a while seems to lose its effectiveness over time. Right now the accountability of being in this challenge and logging my results every day works most of the time, although it didn't last night. If you will look back at the last couple of pages someone else asked the same question you did and there were quite a few ideas given.

Good luck!
  • johicks
    Options

So warm tea or water after dinner, a little bit extra at dinner, and the t-shirt I out on my bed in the morning to hang and remind myself that I want to wear it thus fall. Also, chewing gum on my night stand.
    And.. My newest visual and extraction to help signal.... KITCHEN IS CLOSED!!...
    In my crafts I found decorative stones. So I put 30 in a bowl on the fridge. When the kitchen is closed I grab a stone. I carry it with me. Then when its time for bed, I put it in a glass in my bathroom. I say the kitchen is used, then hear "Clink" from it dropping. In the morning I take the stone out and out it in the office in my "me" jar. I have three jars in office...lns, Me, streak. So in the morning the stone goes in the appropriate jar and a second stone goes into the streak jar to show consecutive days.

I just started this! Last night I had to add more water to.my tea, I had already closed the kitchen. I grabbed my stone and reminded myself kitchen is closed. And carried into the kitchen. Mentally it was nice to have a focus, instead of saying, "don't eat. Don't eat!"