Spot Reducing

Options
I KNOW you cant spot reduce. But is there really no way to lose arm fat? All I have is ONE 8lbs dumbell that I do tricep curls with and its not doing crap. I bump it up 10 every week. All I have is a treadmill. Its under arm fat :/

Replies

• Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Well tricep curls will develop your tricep but it doesn't matter if it's covered in fat. So you need to be in a calorie deficit for at least a month to lose a noticeable amount of weight. You could do HIIT on your treadmill 3 or 4 times a week and that should also help. People hold fat in different places, it will come off but it will take time.
  • saundraxo
    saundraxo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Buff_Man wrote: »
    Well tricep curls will develop your tricep but it doesn't matter if it's covered in fat. So you need to be in a calorie deficit for at least a month to lose a noticeable amount of weight. You could do HIIT on your treadmill 3 or 4 times a week and that should also help. People hold fat in different places, it will come off but it will take time.

My intentions were to do HIIT on my treadmill. Unfortunately I misunderstood the size of it and endes up getting a small compact treadmill instead of a larger one so Id have room for it. I can very fast walk but cant Sprint jog or run. The highest i can go it 5.5 without me flying off since im short. So yesterday i did

5 mins of speed 4
    5 mins of speed 5.5
    5 mins of 5
    5 mins of 4.5
    5 mins of 5
    5 mins of 4

I tried. I mean id THINK it did something cuz if not then I was busting bullets for nothing
  • saundraxo
    Options
    My body is weird.
    Its lower abdomen
    Lower arm
    Then theres usually a curve women have on their butt that starts their back to their butt but mine is a little chunk of fat. Im convinced itll never go away. Idk whats up with my calories
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    saundraxo wrote: »
    My body is weird.
    Its lower abdomen
    Lower arm
    Then theres usually a curve women have on their butt that starts their back to their butt but mine is a little chunk of fat. Im convinced itll never go away. Idk whats up with my calories

How tall are you and how much do you weight right now?

You probably just have to lose more weight (fat)

• saundraxo
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    My body is weird.
    Its lower abdomen
    Lower arm

How tall are you and how much do you weight right now?

You probably just have to lose more weight (fat)

4"11 and Im 181
    Goal is 150
    I lost 8lbs last month cuz I had a Bet going to eat subway only lmao I won.
  • saundraxo
    Options
    Definitely arm fat. More so when its laying flat on my leg a oudge of fat sticks from the side. Kind of embarassed showing this 😭
  • saundraxo
    Options
    Better one i suppose
  • saundraxo
    Options
    "Flexed"
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    "Flexed"

No photo for flexed? :flowerforyou:
  • saundraxo
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    "Flexed"

No photo for flexed? :flowerforyou:

@AnnPT77 i thought i did 😭
  • saundraxo
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    You really did answer your own question!
    Q/ "is there really no way to lose arm fat?"
    A/ "I KNOW you cant spot reduce"

With 31lbs to lose and only being petite you are worrying about how you will look and fat distribution far too early.

Do keep training while you lose weight though.

@sijomial Im not training. Just working and getting on the treadmill. I mean IDK i thought worrying about how to lose the weight was the point 💀💀😭 all I can do is walk it off at this point I suppose. But i guess im misunderstanding how to do my calories so its irriating me as i keeo reading articles and still fell dumb