I don't want to be that girl

I've been around a while, and I've seen multiple groups of people come through mfp and stall out. I don't want to be another person that's just here to be here. I want to get this weight off once and for all. Is anyone else with me?

Replies

• arsoria24
    arsoria24 Posts: 110 Member
    I’m with you! Let’s do this!!
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    arsoria24 wrote: »
    I’m with you! Let’s do this!!

I'm glad to have you 😁
  • momma712
    momma712 Posts: 79 Member
    I don't want to be that girl either but I find having a buddy not really necessary but fun! Maybe I just like it cause I'm a single mom
  • oannmarie51
    oannmarie51 Posts: 6 Member
    Im with you im on and off my fitness pal for years but never stick to it but that is changing today
  • Nads36
    Nads36 Posts: 108 Member
    I'm the same guys...can I join you all? Elisa123gal I can relate to getting the house sorted. My weightloss definitely goes hand in hand with my motivation to be productive! Today I am going to write my list of jobs and get them done ober the next few weeks! Hopefully I will burn some calories doing it too. My problem is I have gained so much weight I struggle to bend and keep active! But I WILL do this - one day at a time! Thanks for this post! I love it - so let's get this weight off once and for all! 👍
  • EmBeatie
    EmBeatie Posts: 33 Member
    I thought Elisa meant getting all the crap food out of the house.
  • Nads36
    Nads36 Posts: 108 Member
    EmBeatie....oh yeah!!! Well part of my jobs to do is clear out the cupboards and freezer - so yeah all the junk will be thrown out for sure!
  • GoobertozTakoz
    GoobertozTakoz Posts: 17 Member
    I'm with you I've been logging everything so diligently in the last 2.5 months. I want to lose this weight and keep it off. My main thing was not having the energy to do anything, let alone cook, because my fibro had gotten so out of hand. I've started with food only and have yet to add any exercise as I know that would make me give up faster. This week I have been adding some weight training and it seems to help a bit. Slow and steady to once and for all lose and keep this weight off.
  • AwesomeOpossum74
    AwesomeOpossum74 Posts: 106 Member
    So, don't be that girl. Be the girl who makes a commitment to herself, builds a goal, and makes it! Don't worry about anyone else, and don't let anyone/anything get in the way of your goals. Fight through your difficulties. Use the forums to get the support you need, or talk to your doctor. But keep on your commitment; keep up your logs; be accountable.
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    I'm with you I've been logging everything so diligently in the last 2.5 months. I want to lose this weight and keep it off. My main thing was not having the energy to do anything, let alone cook, because my fibro had gotten so out of hand. I've started with food only and have yet to add any exercise as I know that would make me give up faster. This week I have been adding some weight training and it seems to help a bit. Slow and steady to once and for all lose and keep this weight off.

That is awesome! Keep up the great work. You are getting there. Slow and steady
  • krebscabbage
    krebscabbage Posts: 16 Member
    88olds wrote: »
    If you forget at some point to log a meal or two, go back and do your best to fill it in. Run off the rails? Try to put a number on it and keep going.

I love this and have to tell it to myself often. This is great advice. <3