Women 200lb+, Let's Step It Up In June!!!

Options

Replies

• GetZet
    GetZet Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Took a young crew swimming. To my surprise, we all swam for four solid hours straight. We must’ve needed it!

After dropping off those not related to me and a promised salon stop for a young woman, I took my entourage to dinner at a buffet. My plate remained solidly in the plant based whole food realm. Double win.

Pretty sure we’ll all sleep well tonight.
  • catnips30
    catnips30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I saw my doctor yesterday for some strange feeling in the right side of my neck which I thought might be a somewhat swollen lymph node. Everything was good and it seems it may just be stress related. I made an appointment with the chiropractor for Friday, as my back is still hurting.

However, at the doctor, I brought up phentermine with him, as my husband is taking it and asked about it. I told him I had maintained since roughly November and am counting calories to lose weight and have lost ~40 on my own. He thought I should still take phentermine and told me that at 1600 calories I'm eating too much and should take it back to 1400. He said for my height, 1600 should be maintenance. I told him I've been eating at 1600 and losing on it and was losing when I was eating higher calories and heavier before.

I thought that was a little strange he told me to cut back so much. I did try at 1400 before for 2 pounds a week but was very hungry all the time and dialed it back to 1.5 pounds a week, which brought me to 1600. I looked up reviews of those who were on phentermine and some of the side affects and experiences were a little frightening. He wants to see me back in a month and wants to see any weight loss, not a specific number.

I'm just getting a strange feeling about the whole thing and am tempted to just keep doing what I'm doing and not take the pills. I'd still go back in a month for a checkup but only with the losses from counting calories and starting at the gym.

Has anyone else here been on phentermine? It's been working for my husband, yes, but he didn't do well with counting calories before and just eats whatever he wants, in very large amounts. He's had some side effects from it that I won't delve into but if anyone else has been on it, can you advise of how you felt on it and if you experienced any side effects?

Get the prescription filled if you haven't. Keep the pills but don't take them. If your happy with our current rate of weight loss don't cut your calories. You want to save the cutting of calories until you really have to. There will be a plateau at some point where you have to either cut more calories or up your working out in order to loose any more weight, that's the only time you want to make changes. The phentermine may come in handy when you get very close to your goal and hit a plateau, that's why I would get any scripts filled and just save them. Don't take 37.5mgs of phentermine! The few doctors actually willing to prescribe that pill love to give the strongest dose(37.5mg) to people which is also the dose most likely to come with side effects. If you took 37.5mg of phentermine and DIDN'T have side effects I would be surprised. When/if you take it only take half. If its a capsule buy empty ones and split it that way. You really don't want any more than 30mg of phentermine a day. If you were lucky enough to get prescribed 30mg capsules those are the best, take half for the first week then decide if you want to start taking a whole one the next. If you were given 37.5mg and the doctor tries to give you more on the next visit I would specifically ask for 30mg CAPSULES. If he asks why just tell him the other pills were too strong or that your afraid of the high dosage. Not many doctors will prescribe phentermine. Not many doctors understand how it works, how to prescribe the correct dosage or what to tell patients about the drug. That's a big part of why people are having bad experiences while taking it and having side effects. Wrong formulation, high dosage, not drinking or eating enough are almost always the reasons people have bad experiences and side effects. They really should be prescribing 15mg to start patients off and very rarely should 37.5mg be prescribed, its just too strong for most people especially first time users.
  • Making_Impossible_Possible
    Options
    Height: 5'2"
    SW: 215
    CW(6/1/19): 212.6
    CW(6/9/19) 207.6
    June GW: 205
    GW 1: 199
    GW 2: 150

So I managed to lose "5lbs" this week! Most of which I believe is water from all the stuff we ate when we were at Disneyland and from all the walking we did. It took me 5 days to get back down to the weight I was before we left, so I think my total actual weight loss this week is 1.6 lbs. Still very good and encouraging. I was battling allergies and was feeling like crud, so I didn't get to work out nearly as much as I wanted too, but now that I've got that under control, I have no reason to get back to it!

Goals for this week:

- Walk on treadmill 5/7 days this week for at least 30 min.
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Find new stuff to make for lunch. Salads are getting boring.
  • melikim1979
    melikim1979 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I just started again on the May long weekend.

SW - 325.0 (May 16, 2019)
    CW - 319.8 (June 1, 2019)
    GW - 160

06/08 - 315.8

My goals for June is to continue my weekend walks with one of my best friends, slightly increasing the distance each time, walk to and/or home from work 2 days a week, and continue to log all my food.
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Week #2

SW: 229
    CW: ? - I weigh in on Thursday will update then (nervous haven't weighed in three weeks)
    GW: 199
    GW 2: 186
    GW 3: 175
    GW 4: 168 (maintain there continue to build muscle)

This last week I found myself snacking on fruit a lot (specifically bananas and oranges) . The only problem it made me slightly (50-100) calories go outside my calories. Which is not horrible (still way below my maintenance), but needs to be monitored. I weigh in on Thursday, so we will see the progress (*crosses fingers).

NSV I tried on some pants my mother got me about a month ago, and although they fit tight, I was finally able to get them on.

I hope everyone's Week # 2 goes well!
  • Legacy_Dream_Legend
    Legacy_Dream_Legend Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The last few months I have lost myself. The month of May was really bad. I'm trying to get back on track for June, eating healthier and exercise.

SV (scale victory) I lost 6.2 pounds this week. I'm sure it's mostly water weight due to actually trying again, but I'm still happy about it. NSV (non scale victory) #1 I usually weigh myself only on Tuesday's, I weighed myself everyday this week. It has it's pros and cons to doing that. So for me I learned once a week weigh in is good enough. #2 Back in December my RHR (resting heart rate) was 90, by February I had it down to 63.... then lost sight of everything. The last couple months my RHR has been around 84, I now have it down to around 72! I still have a long way to go and a lot of weight to lose, but I'm trying to get my mojo back.

SW: 227.5
    GW 6/4: 234 CW 236.6
    GW 6/11: 232 CW 230.4
    GW 6/18: 230
    GW 6/25: 228
  • debbiemcgu
    debbiemcgu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    SW: 250
    CW: 208 200!
    Mini GW 1: 198
    Mini GW 2: 188
    Mini GW 3: 178
    Mini GW 4: 168
    End GW: 150

I've got 2 pounds until my first mini goal that will put me under 200 pounds for the first time in TWO YEARS!!!!!!

Fantastic!!
  • debbiemcgu
    debbiemcgu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Slow start to the month but I’m trying to get back on track! I’ve been mostly maintaining my weight for the past few weeks and I need to get back into loss mode.
    SW 226
    CW 211(for the past 3 weeks)
    GW1 205
    GW2 199
    GW 155
    I still can’t figure out how to add friends but if anyone wants to send me a request please do!
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    So I couldn't help myself I said I was going to weigh-in tomorrow, for the first time in a month. And here are the results:

SW 229 - May 10, 2019
    CW 210.6 - June 12, 2019
    GW 1 : 199 - Hopefully by Mid- July (if not sooner)
    GW 2: 185 - Late August / Early September ??
    GW: 3: 175 - October
    GW 4: 168 - November

Day by Day!!!!

• Making_Impossible_Possible
    Options
    Ugh, it's that TOM and I wanna eat ALL the bad things and raid the pantry at home!

My goal for the rest of the week: Do not pick thru the pantry and do not eat all the things!