Weight

What’s the best time to weigh yourself?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    it doesn't matter, pick a time that works for you to do daily (or weekly or monthly depending how often you want to weigh yourself). as long as it's the same time of day-ish you'll be comparing apples to apples. the actual number isn't important but trend over time. each day is simply a data point not a story.

most people prefer the morning and there are probably benefits to this. it's also when many are at their smallest weight so it's encouraging. and generally the same amount of time since the last meal.

I've just done it around 5pm before dinner for the last year. i eat lunch around the same time so the only variable would be how much i had to drink that afternoon.

debating switching to AM though as that means i've hit my final last need to stop moving the goal goal. but we'll see.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited June 2019
    I do it first thing in the morning, after peeing and before eating or drinking anything, naked. I get the most consistency that way. I weigh every day, but you have to understand your weight fluctuations to not get discouraged by the ups. Weighing daily for a long time has helped me understand my personal weight fluctuations but it was hard at first whenever the scale went up and not down.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,195 Member
    whmscll wrote: »
    I do it first thing in the morning, after peeing and before eating or drinking anything, naked. I get the most consistency that way. I weigh every day, but you have to understand your weight fluctuations to not get discouraged by the ups. Weighing daily for a long time has helped me understand my personal weight fluctuations but it was hard at first whenever the scale went up and not down.

I started weighing daily because seeing daily increases when I knew I had been "perfect" the day before helped me become desensitized to those personal weight fluctuations. After awhile the number on the scale each day just became a piece of data. Those data points over time became what was important

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Anytime you want as long as you do it at the same time each day. Be consistent about using the same scale, putting it on the same surface, and wearing the same clothes (or lack thereof).

For most people, the lowest weight of the day is first thing in the morning after using the toilet.