Macros

Options
Good evening I’m currently trying to lose fat (and weight) but Iv just tried to calculate my macros and I am a bit unsure if it’s right... I am 29 & weigh 164lbs my protein has been calculated &166g carbs 166g & fat 37g & 1750kcal per day. I’m currently active in my job (cleaner) and looking to drop to a size 10 before August (currently size 12/14) wondering if anyone can help me out with meal plans etc as I’m all new to this “ macro” stuff so I want to make sure I stick to it but unsure on meal plans & prep. Add me as a friend also if you would like..

Thank you x :)

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Good evening I’m currently trying to lose fat (and weight) but Iv just tried to calculate my macros and I am a bit unsure if it’s right... I am 29 & weigh 164lbs my protein has been calculated &166g carbs 166g & fat 37g & 1750kcal per day. I’m currently active in my job (cleaner) and looking to drop to a size 10 before August (currently size 12/14) wondering if anyone can help me out with meal plans etc as I’m all new to this “macro” stuff so I want to make sure I stick to it but unsure on meal plans & prep. Add me as a friend also if you would like..

Thank you x :)

Meal plans: Stick to your food budget and what is familiar plus your deficit calories from your MFP estimates. As you continue with your immersion via MFP's General Health, Fitness & Diet or MFP's Food & Nutrition plus MFP's Debate: Health & Fitness Forums, you may then decide to try a diet (designing your own meal plan) that appeals to your palate and your budget, keeping it realistic. What is sustainable enough to keep you on course.
    Macros:

https://youtu.be/724AXGqQj6k

Most calculators need (i) Gender (ii) Age (iii) Height (iv) Current Weight (v) Goal Weight and (vi) Activity/Exercise, etc. Do you mind sharing your height?
  • Johndu76
    Johndu76 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello, a fellow Scottish slimmer here, happy to add you if ye like
  • Christy_Ray
    Christy_Ray Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds right to me. Mine are very similar. If you're active, you want 1g of protein per lb of body weight. The rest is allocated appropriately. You can definitely reach your goals of you stick to those.
  • CHRISCOCKING
    CHRISCOCKING Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck sure you'll kill it
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You don't need 164g protein. Unless you're doing power lifting or bodybuilding? 100g protein is more than enough and try to spread it out over your meals. To lose weight you just need to make sure you're in a calorie deficit, that's all. Exercise and diet will keep you healthy and full of energy, simple!