Already discouraged

Options
saundraxo
saundraxo Posts: 65 Member
I was thinking today about how I wanted to shed my last 30lbs. I wish I could get off 10lbs a month but Im sure thats with OBV the healthier eating and maybe more activity.

The discouragement comes from KNOWING that its going to take forever! Eating healthier isnt bothersome to me as Ive done it before. Just the length itll take.

Irriated 😒

Replies

• saundraxo
    Options
    Well, you should eat healthier the rest of your life, so yes, that will take your forever.

It may help to focus on those habits that will carry you through, rather than the numbers on the scale.

@concordancia You are not lying. Its a process!! I dont even care too much of the numbers since i know muscle weighs more. I really just wanna shed the inches.

All I got is a treadmill and I cant even do HIIT cuz its compact and small 😒
  • VibekeSVP
    VibekeSVP Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you're on Facebook, check out get2droot They do live workout videos every Saturday morning that are KILLER!! Or try Zumba or other high energy exercise. Do you lift weights? You'll lose weight faster if you lift heavy weights.
  • saundraxo
    Options
    VibekeSVP wrote: »
    If you're on Facebook, check out get2droot They do live workout videos every Saturday morning that are KILLER!! Or try Zumba or other high energy exercise. Do you lift weights? You'll lose weight faster if you lift heavy weights.

@VibekeSVP Im not. I took myself off facebook for awhile. I only have 1 dumbell and its 8lbs 💀 and a treadmill. My *kitten* is thinking about doing some damn tae bo before getting on the treadmill smh
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    To actually keep your weight at a certain level for the foreseeable future, you will have to make behavior changes that you can keep up for the rest of your life. It’s hard, but the best way to get out of the yo-yo cycle is to start slow with very small and easy changes, one at a time. Only make changes you know you can stick to. Get those changes down COMPLETELY before adding another goal. Don’t overhaul all your eating habits for three months and then go right back to old ways once you’re at your goal weight. You’ll have to do it all over again when you inevitably gain the weight back.
    All this. It's a journey, and sometimes there's a little backslide along the way, but you'll start to lose and one day you'll wonder why you waited so long.
  • saundraxo
    Options
    Right im just impatient. Especially at the fact on how quickly it came on. 18 lbs in 6 months is horrendous. Then with how petite i am it just lools so wrong. It is screwing with my mental health on top of other *kitten* going on.

Really this post was to vent on my impatience along with anxiety 😌
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Grab a kettlebell and start swinging
  • saundraxo
    Options
    gonnasnap wrote: »

@gonnasnap ill have the see what a kettleball is ive never heard of that. What does it do for you?
  • gonnasnap
    Options
    saundraxo wrote: »

@gonnasnap ill have the see what a kettleball is ive never heard of that. What does it do for you?

It’s along the lines of a dumbbell with a handle. You can do a million different things with them. Makes it very easy to get a full body workout in a space the size of a yoga mat
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I was thinking today about how I wanted to shed my last 30lbs. I wish I could get off 10lbs a month but Im sure thats with OBV the healthier eating and maybe more activity.

The discouragement comes from KNOWING that its going to take forever! Eating healthier isnt bothersome to me as Ive done it before. Just the length itll take.

Irriated 😒

I averaged 2-4 pounds off a month, and then sometimes it went backwards for weeks.
    You just have to keep doing it. It never follows the timeline you want.

Like someone said about being healthy. You just have to commit to everything being a permanent change no matter what and not just until you get the weight off.
  • saundraxo
    Options

It’s along the lines of a dumbbell with a handle. You can do a million different things with them. Makes it very easy to get a full body workout in a space the size of a yoga mat

@gonnasnap oh i guess i do know it then. How many lbs do you recommend?
  • gonnasnap
    Options
    @saundraxo Without knowing your physical abilities I’d say start with a ten pound one and just work on form and getting to moves down fluidly. A fun but intense move is the Turkish get up. You could even practice that with a soup can