Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    I too tend to sabotage myself at night. Start my day with exercise, eat well and track at night; then the voices that I hear talk me into eating. I'm getting a longer stronger to say NO! Kitchen is closed!!

This past week I put the t-shirt I want to fit into this fall for football season on a hanger across my bed. So, when I get ready for bed I have to move it. I then say to myself.... I DO WANT TO wear this!! And that helps more nights than not. I'm trying to figure out what I can put in the kitchen as a"sign" that will signify that I'm done for the night. I have learned that even if I have calories left, eating after dinner does NOT work for me. It is a huge trigger. So having a little larger dinner does the trick, instead.

April-
    ME: 22
    lns: 8

May-
    lns: 9

Oh I am so thrilled to have a fresh start! :) And I'm eager to have more than 22 days ME!
    June 1 -
    ME: 1
    lns*:0
    Streak: 1

*mentally I am putting ME in caps to give me the power and "lns" in lowercase to take it's power away. May seem silly, but whatever I can do to give me the strength. :)

ME: 2
    lbs: 0
    Streak: 2

Mon., June 3rd
    ME: 3
    Streak: 3

lns: 2
    Longest Streak:3

Ouch!! I am hoping tonight goes better.

ME: 4
    Back in control.

Lights out soon so should make it!! In control!
    ME: 5

yep... Did it! My stone goes into my ME jar.
  • polatravels
    polatravels Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @johicks what a great idea!! I'll adapt this slightly and use it myself.

@Tolamarie Thank you! I will read back for some ideas.

• 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,117 Member
    Options
    Me7
    Lns0
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Me7
    LNS4
    Streak: 1 Yeah!
  • polatravels
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I did it! I took a CBT approach ("thank you, brain, for those thoughts [go eat] but I've had dinner, I'm no longer hungry and I don't need more food, so I won't be listening to you tonight") along with a mix of suggestions from the group (I made a nice cup of tea and read my book).

Me: 3
    LNS: 5

Thanks everyone!

Edit: @johicks I've hung my dream pair of jeans outside the pantry door this morning. If I ever get snacky, they're the first thing I see. Hopefully this will remind me of my goal and prevent snacking!
  • nejvon
    nejvon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0

This is my biggest hurdle to get over.
    This is day two but I dont want to jinx it and count it.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Me: 8*
    LNS: 0
  • tawnis2018
    tawnis2018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me 3. LNS 3. Streak 6.
    I’ve got some overcoming to do.
  • mipajames14
    mipajames14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting today-wish me luck! LNS is my downfall :(
    Not anymore though🤨
  • johicks
    Options
    I did it! I took a CBT approach ("thank you, brain, for those thoughts [go eat] but I've had dinner, I'm no longer hungry and I don't need more food, so I won't be listening to you tonight") along with a mix of suggestions from the group (I made a nice cup of tea and read my book).

Thanks everyone!

Edit: @johicks I've hung my dream pair of jeans outside the pantry door this morning. If I ever get snacky, they're the first thing I see. Hopefully this will remind me of my goal and prevent snacking!

Cool!!! What is CBT?
  • johicks
    Options
    I too tend to sabotage myself at night. Start my day with exercise, eat well and track at night; then the voices that I hear talk me into eating. I'm getting a longer stronger to say NO! Kitchen is closed!!

This past week I put the t-shirt I want to fit into this fall for football season on a hanger across my bed. So, when I get ready for bed I have to move it. I then say to myself.... I DO WANT TO wear this!! And that helps more nights than not. I'm trying to figure out what I can put in the kitchen as a"sign" that will signify that I'm done for the night. I have learned that even if I have calories left, eating after dinner does NOT work for me. It is a huge trigger. So having a little larger dinner does the trick, instead.

April-

May-

Oh I am so thrilled to have a fresh start! :) And I'm eager to have more than 22 days ME!
    June 1 -
    ME: 1
    lns*:0

*mentally I am putting ME in caps to give me the power and "lns" in lowercase to take it's power away. May seem silly, but whatever I can do to give me the strength. :)

ME: 2

Mon., June 3rd

Longest Streak:3

Ouch!! I am hoping tonight goes better.

ME: 4
    Back in control.

ME: 5

yep... Did it! My stone goes into my ME jar.

ME: 6
    lbs: 2
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,953 Member
    Options
    Me 7*
    LNS 1
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Me: 5
    LNS: 2
    Streak: 5

Getting evening snacking under control thanks to this challenge. Now, need to get day time eating in check.
  • johicks
    Options

April-

May-

*mentally I am putting ME in caps to give me the power and "lns" in lowercase to take it's power away. May seem silly, but whatever I can do to give me the strength.

ME: 7
    lns*: 2
    Streak: 4

My stone goes into my ME jar in the morning. I almost slipped up. I distracted myself in the bathroom by brushing my hair, washing my face, exfoliating, and night cream. Then put my stone in the cup a second time to reiterate that the kitchen was closed. And am here on MFP to.stay on track.
  • missmmalik
    missmmalik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me:0
    LNS:2
    ( Its vacations time and I'm totally going overboard.
    Normally I don't eat this much but nowadays ate alot!! Needs to stop now)
  • polatravels
    Options

Thanks everyone!

Cool!!! What is CBT?

CBT is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. In very basic terms, it is retraining your brain (like training your muscles).
    One exercise, which can be used for a number of negative thoughts, is thanking your brain for the negative thought and then saying no to the thought. Some examples:

I can’t do this/I will fail/anxiety – “Thank you for that thought. But I am a strong person with the necessary skills to perform this task. It may take some time, but I will not avoid it and I will do it in the end, so I won’t listen to you. Goodbye.”

I should be skinnier/fitter/better looking – “Thank you for that thought, but I don’t need to be a certain size or shape. I am fit and healthy and awesome. I won’t listen to you. Goodbye”

In this case (snacking) - "thank you, brain, for those thoughts [go eat] but I've had dinner, I'm no longer hungry and I don't need more food, so I won't be listening to you tonight. Goodbye"

Me: 4

Woo hoo! 2 night streak!
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,953 Member
    Options
    Me: 8*
    LNS: 1
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,117 Member
    Options
    Me9
    Lns0
  • xrsxrs
    xrsxrs Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me: 7
    LNS: 2
  • johicks
    Options
    Cool!!! What is CBT?

CBT is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. In very basic terms, it is retraining your brain (like training your muscles).
    One exercise, which can be used for a number of negative thoughts, is thanking your brain for the negative thought and then saying no to the thought. Some examples:

I can’t do this/I will fail/anxiety – “Thank you for that thought. But I am a strong person with the necessary skills to perform this task. It may take some time, but I will not avoid it and I will do it in the end, so I won’t listen to you. Goodbye.”

I should be skinnier/fitter/better looking – “Thank you for that thought, but I don’t need to be a certain size or shape. I am fit and healthy and awesome. I won’t listen to you. Goodbye”

In this case (snacking) - "thank you, brain, for those thoughts [go eat] but I've had dinner, I'm no longer hungry and I don't need more food, so I won't be listening to you tonight. Goodbye"

Thanks for this!!