Everyone seems to be low carb

Options

Replies

• durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've lost 38 lbs so far (since Oct 1 2019) just by eating a little less and moving a little more.

Looking back on these past few months, even with reductions of 250-500 calories per day most days, I've been getting 230+ grams of carbs every day. Most are complex carbs from whole foods but I have also gone weeks on end eating a cookie every day.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I straight up just do calories in, calories out. I even still drink soda when I want to *gasp!* I just make it fit.
  • SolanineNightshade
    SolanineNightshade Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I focus on calorie deficit, but i have noticed that by lowering my carbs (specifically breads and pastas, not fruit or veggie carbs), my joints aren't as inflamed, including my knee. After a week with a focus on meats, veggies/fruits, and fats with only perhaps one bread/pasta per day, my knee inflammation reduced dramatically (conversely when I was eating a lot of breads etc per day, my knee felt worse after a few days). Causation? maybe, maybe not.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I watch my macros but not low carb. Just make sure I get enough protein, fat, and fiber and then just let the carbs do whatever. Usually 200-250g carbs a day. Never had trouble losing before. Trying to get back in a deficit again because I regained a ton of weight, but I don't think that had anything to do with carbs.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I eat 150g-250g of carbs a day, mostly from fruit, but there is some chocolate and cookies in there too :D
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i heart carbs - they probably make up 50-60% of my daily intake (right now its 349-449g carbs a day)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am eating low carbs/sugar so i can lower my A1C
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Neither I do a macro diet.
  • JustaGirlNamedJenn
    JustaGirlNamedJenn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this was posted. Sometimes it's hard to avoid all the "you must do low carb for this/that reason" news. I have to keep reminding myself to ignore the carbs completely and just focus on calories (and protein).